Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Jersey Boyz meeting report >

Jersey Boyz meeting report

Notices

Jersey Boyz meeting report

Old 12-23-2002, 09:05 PM
Smittymarine

What a group of guys we have in The OPA, Jersey Boyz. I would just like to thank all of you for the best summer ever. I am proud to be involved with each and every one of you. Anthony and myself want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Get ready for 2003, we have a lot of work to do. "Gentlemen Start Your Engines"

Old 12-23-2002, 10:01 PM
xtremeracingf1

Great job guys,all the input I've read has been positive.Good to see everyone pulling in the same direction,and really tring to make it work.What you guys are doing takes alot of time and effort you deserve a thumps up!
Keep up the good work,sounds like you have alot of racer behind you 100%..
Augie keep in touch talk to you soon...Eddie keep up the good work!

Frank

Old 12-23-2002, 10:27 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by snglestack
I'm classless and assless

Always one in the crowd.

Try and play nice Bro. Someone might figure out who you are.
Old 12-23-2002, 10:48 PM
snglestack

SURE IS

Old 12-23-2002, 10:49 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by xtremeracingf1
Great job guys,all the input I've read has been positive. Good to see everyone pulling in the same direction,and really tring to make it work.
Frank
I agree to a point Frank...

Until I saw the schedule.

Last year I thought I read on a post that people were going to try to avoid conflicting dates of events within such a close proximity of events?

Last year's Brick race was moved to the same date as a 2 day Poker Run event June 1st & 2nd just 10 miles away. Now I understood the Florida race took over Brick's May 19th race date and OPA didn't have much choice at that point. Understandable.
The NJPPC's schedule was posted with their usual dates October 18, 2002. I only first seen the OPA's announcement of their schedule December 21st, 2002.
Why did this Brick date end up on the same weekend as the Poker Run event again after all the posts from last season about how people would try to avoid this.

Reason why this is important?

Both associations use the same Medical Teams. They cannot be expected to be in two places at the same time. Although they managed last year, why would anyone asked them to rush around like they had to last year. Afterall, they are VOLUNTEERS.

At the meeting, I did hear that this schedule was tentative for OPA. I hope to attend both events without having to rush back for a 12:00pm start on Sunday.
I always thought Brick and Point Pleasant Beach always wanted an earlier race in the season to jump start the tourist season early.
Hopefully it can be worked out.
It just doesn't seem right to make the Volunteers jump through hoops to keep both clubs satisfied.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 12-23-2002, 10:59 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharkey, all good points. We feel the same way. It is a conflict and it would have been nice if it was unavoidable. Please feel free to call the Mayor of Brick and ask if he will let us move it. He picked that date to kick off SumerFest at Windward beach. The week prior isn't a problem for us.

This will be my only comments on this subject.
Old 12-23-2002, 11:03 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

snglestack, I don't get you. I've read some of your other threads when your not being a smart ass and you often have something intelligent to say.

What is your point here? You don't make sense. Do you have a better idea? Could you do it better, or are you just trying to rain on someone else's parade?

Lead, follow or get out the way! You can choose.

Last edited by Ron P; 12-24-2002 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-24-2002, 01:46 PM
snglestack

neither ron just trying to figure who is the captain of the ship happy holidays

Old 12-24-2002, 05:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Snglestack=

Your still welcome to join the JERSEYS BOYZ.

Mike
Old 12-25-2002, 12:45 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by Ron P
Please feel free to call the Mayor of Brick and ask if he will let us move it. He picked that date to kick off SumerFest at Windward beach.
SUMMERFEST is held on THURSDAY nights...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: Jersey Boyz meeting report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.