Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What 's the best free music download site? >

What 's the best free music download site?

Notices

What 's the best free music download site?

Old 12-24-2002, 11:19 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equalizing Volume

I just installed a DVD recorder Sony 500DRUand have 95% of all functions checked out. Bundled wit the software is a program called RECORDNOW. When looking up the upgrade I noticed that it mentioned that it does "Volume Equalizing for all recordings.
See the following link

http://www.stompinc.com/recordnowmax...nmax.phtml?vcd
Old 12-24-2002, 11:22 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Jon 280 Silencer
What happened to the days when it was simple to download some free music???????
Ummmmmm IT IS ILLEGAL!!!!

Ok on a serious note. I use a older version of Limewire. Lots of issues with it as far as partial sond downloads and what not but not so bad with adds. What I use it for is stricktly research. I go on line and look for certain artists or what ever, find the song I like and then find out what CD it comes on. There is nothing more frustrating to me then going and buying the CD just to find out you got the wrong one. Then I bring the CD home and burn the MP3 onto my computer myself. This way I have a "clean" copy that I PAID FOR!!!!!! MP3's as a convinience are great. MP3's as a form of music suck. The quality is HORRIBLE, and yes if I sat any of you down and played the two you all would hear the difference.

Jon
Old 12-24-2002, 11:40 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Default MY gawd Jon

Sheesh..

Do you realize all the $$$ currently being spent on MP3s of all sizes, shapes and costs. Yesterday on CNN they demo'd one that plays about 40 hours of music and is smaller than a cig (I stopped smokkin 15 years ago) pack. It was selling for over $400..
I agree with Jon..how can you compare that sound quality to a great 15 in. woofer, tweeter and horn set up..
Thw quality must be no better than a metranome (sp?)
Old 12-24-2002, 11:46 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Yes while sales of MP3 players are up, sales of CD's are WAY Down as are sales of the ALBUMS that go into the CD player. Imagine how cheap CD's would be if these sites were not around. If they were selling more then they would be able to make them cheaper. CD's are currently almost as much as a DVD and DVD's cost MUCH more to make. Don't let the similiar apearence fool you. There are multiple layers on DVD's that CD's do not do. The DVD burners are a lot more money then a CD burner (I am talking on the profesional level not the stuff you put in your computer). So were does this all leave us? I think that what I do is a not only a good thing for the industry but also myself. The way I do it I go out and buy a CD that I otherwise would not have, then I have a quality copy for my listening enjoyment and also the MP3's that I rip off it for my convenience and the MP3 players as well

Jon
Old 12-24-2002, 11:53 AM
ShipWrecked

Default Kazaa - File Swapper Eluding Pursuers

ARTICLE

Old 12-24-2002, 11:58 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

That's the only honest way to do it Jon.
If all would do that it would benefit all in the long run. Plus it would provide more royalties for the artists and musicians and writers that brought the enjoyment to us in the first place..
I'm very biased here since my uncle was a song writer (Thanks for the Memories, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and many more)..
Old 12-24-2002, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why hasn't someone come up with a way to download music and movies for a fair price?
I might only like one track on an album and don't want to buy the whole thing because of it.
If it was safe and the fees weren't high I'm sure it would catch on.
I know that to most people free is much better but I want them to take out the risk of viruses and someone screwing around with my pc.
Give some choice,quality, and value and see what happens.

Cordell
Old 12-24-2002, 06:31 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

That is basically what Napster tried to do after the court case. They charged different fee's for downloading, from one song to as many as you wanted. We can see how that went.

Jon
Old 12-24-2002, 06:38 PM
Registered

I don’t download or mess around with music that much but just started thinking about some other things that are very similar in topic.
When you were younger did you ever record a song off the radio and think nothing of it?
The radio stations use to tell you when they were playing the entire album and would tell you to get your tape ready. Why is getting the song over the internet any different?
If someone you knew bought a record and you wanted to record a song from it I don’t remember people calling you a thief or making a big deal about it. Why was recording with a cassette so widely accepted and downloading music over the internet not?

Why do they sell me VCRs and tapes that I can tape programs and movies and encourage me to do so. If I give the tape to my sister to watch a show is she a criminal? If she buys a movie and then gives it to me to watch am I breaking the law? If I pay for a pay per view show and invite ten friends over to watch am I ripping someone off?

Just something to think about.
Cordell
Old 12-24-2002, 06:40 PM
Registered

Thanks Jon,
I know that there was talk of it but with all the legal stuff I didn't know that they even tried.

Cordell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.