Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What 's the best free music download site? >

What 's the best free music download site?

Notices

What 's the best free music download site?

Old 12-23-2002, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What 's the best free music download site?

Looking for some new sites... My WINMX keeps crashing. I've reloaded it but it still keeps clashing with Windows XP. I even get a "notify Microsoft" link as well as "notify WinMX"
Old 12-23-2002, 02:49 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like and use Kazaa. Go to www.cnet.com and hit the download section and you should be able to find it form there.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:35 PM
Registered

Morpheus sucked ever since it went on the Gnutella network. Or so i think.

Kazaa light rocks. Movies, documents, music, pics, software (where i got desktop dyno)
Old 12-23-2002, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally posted by 105mph_38_2003
use kazaalite, the same thing just without all the ad software. If you get kazaa run ad-aware and remove alot of the trash they ad in...
Yeah and then it dosent work.

How to remove spyware and have Kazaa work correctly.

1. In the Windows Control Panel, select an option called "Add/Remove Programs." One of the options will be "b3d Projector." Highlight this and click the "Change/Remove" button.

You may get a message that the uninstall has been successful. Search your computer for a "BDE" folder, which most likely will be found in the "WinNT" or "Windows" directory. In this folder will be a file called "bdeclean.exe". Run this to finish the first part of the process. Delete the BDE folder.

Caution: An unrelated piece of software called Borland Database Engine also creates a BDE directory. If you think you may have this software installed, or if there is any confusion whatsoever, do not delete this directory.

2. In the "Temp" directory (this will normally be found inside the "Windows" or "WinNT" directory) is a folder called "Brilliant." This contains many files. Delete the entire folder.

3. After performing steps 1 and 2, you will need to locate and remove some additional Brilliant Digital files that have been placed in critical system-level computer directories. CAUTION: Deleting the wrong files could interfere with the normal functioning of your computer. These files will most likely be in the "WindowsSystem" or "WinNTSystem32" folder:

bdedownloader.dll
bdedata2.dll
bdefdi.dll
bdeinsta2.dll
bdeinstall.exe
bdesecureinstall.cab
bdesecureinstall.exe
bdeverify.exe
bdeverify.dll

Delete these files.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:46 PM
Intolerant1

I use Winmx for music, movies, etc. No problem with ads

Old 12-23-2002, 04:03 PM
Registered

Kazaalite is great for music and software. Although I think the software thing is illegal. Oh well. Morpheus went downhill a few months ago.

Mike
Old 12-23-2002, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I'm scared to download and use Kazza.
I recently read in a newspaper of how you are opening up your computer for others to pretty much have their way with it. Before the fall of Napster I had used their site a few times without a problem. (or at least I hope so)

Now my wife comes home the other day and is telling me about how one of the Dentists sons begged him to download a movie from Kazza on his new computer. This guy wouldn't even open up email from people he didn't know but caved in to his kid.

The computer crashed and he lost everything. I guess it was called "Black 8 Ball" or something to that effect.

You guys know more about this stuff then I could ever dream of but it's things like this that make me cringe.

Cordell
Old 12-23-2002, 04:31 PM
Just Say N2O

I have used KaZaa a bunch, and never had any problems. None. And they have some really cool features. For instance if you begin downloading, and the connection is poor for some reason, you can have it look for others with the same file and it will automatically find it and do you right.

Old 12-23-2002, 04:47 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

I use Kazaa with cable and a router for a fire wall knock on wood no problems yet.
Old 12-23-2002, 04:56 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Cgarrett
Ok, I'm scared to download and use Kazza.
I recently read in a newspaper of how you are opening up your computer for others to pretty much have their way with it. Before the fall of Napster I had used their site a few times without a problem. (or at least I hope so)

Now my wife comes home the other day and is telling me about how one of the Dentists sons begged him to download a movie from Kazza on his new computer. This guy wouldn't even open up email from people he didn't know but caved in to his kid.

The computer crashed and he lost everything. I guess it was called "Black 8 Ball" or something to that effect.

You guys know more about this stuff then I could ever dream of but it's things like this that make me cringe.

Cordell
read the file extension before you open it.

Napster was the same thing, cept with kazaa you can find evey type of file. you also can choose not to share certain files.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.