Feedback from Jersey Boyz Meeting

Notices

Feedback from Jersey Boyz Meeting

Old 12-24-2002, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Feedback from Jersey Boyz Meeting

Come on people,we're looking for some feedback positive or negitive about The Jersey Boyz/OPA meeting last Saturday 12/21/02.........Thanks and Happy Holidays,Augie
Old 12-25-2002, 12:22 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Augie,

The only negative thing I would have to say is the logo with the guns and bats has to go,-unless your going to approach Smith&Wesson or Louisville Slugger for sponsorship money. I think this is sending the wrong message that this sport is associated with "thugs". It took Offshore Racing years to loose the 70's and 80's "Drug Smuggling" image. It would be ashame to loose any "momentum" or sponsorship because of this negative image.
Several times you mentioned that this is a "family sport", I agree, however we also need to take a lesson from APBA and not allow boats or tow vehicles to display vulgarities or naked ladies. I think it could be a hard sell to a sponsor when they see images of naked ladies, bats and guns. I dont consider this to be "family oriented".
The Jersey Boyz have created alot of excitment and anticipation for the coming race season and I think we need strive to have some class. This can only benefit us as a group! Lets be the Race Club that sets the standards. Lets be known not only for our races, but the way we interact with each other, our sponsors, the community, and most importantly, our fans.
Respectfully Submitted,
BOB G.

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 12-25-2002 at 12:26 AM.
Old 12-25-2002, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Augie the only problem I have is the date of the first race June 1st I am upset with! I Couldn't make the meeting due to work. Why should the NJPPC folks suffer and the Medics suffer, We set the date the year before with Trumps and we were running that event for the last 4 years on the 1st week of June. Last year was an oops according to OPA, I cant believe the Mayor couldn't be persuated for another date, Politics reacts to what people want, Summerfest doesn't start until the 21st of June what was wrong with May like it was for years or mid June. If everyone says they want to work together then we should try. I love NJ racing to! And want to attend all the NJ Events, This year you will loose a lot of volunteers because last year everyone scrambled to get back on Sunday, This year I doubt people are going to do it and miss the rest of the event. Also this year will be the best AC Poker Run ever, We did a lot of work on the run this year, with some surprises (To be Annonced)
Lets see if we can work together
Remember Jan 8th is the day we must stand strong together and put this speed law behind us!
Old 12-25-2002, 06:37 PM
snglestack

augie no volunters no medics no race take that to the bank

Old 12-26-2002, 06:57 PM
Registered

Frank...

I understand your frustration with the scheduling. As you can see, the schedules are very tite and there is racing almost every weekend. I'm sure it was not done deliberately to upset the NJPPC members. But we dont want to overlap any races on any particular weekend. Hopefully, we will get it worked out and everybody will be happy.

Regards

Snglestack...

The problem that I see here is two fold. 1- Your just here to ruffle feathers and you have nothing positive to say.

2- Your not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Now... if you don't have any positive input, get lost in another chat room.
Old 12-26-2002, 07:27 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Man,

Why is everyone so quick to point out the negatives?

I think what you guys are doing is excellent. I couldn't make the meeting last week, but I wish I could have. Keep it up man!!

Hey why is the first race date so bad? I think it would be kinda cool if the Poker Run should be worked into the race somehow. What better than to make a sweet run with some friends, then watch a race, pick up your cards and head back. I think it would be an adrenaline rush.

Last edited by Panther; 12-26-2002 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:32 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

The poker run goes to A/C on Saturday. The race is on Sunday.

Last year we even held off the start of the race until about 1pm so the Poker Runners could make it back from A/C in time for the race. Guess what, no one came other than Pete Mazzo and his pace boat. Pete was in Point Pleasant by 1pm.

You would think a good way to end an overnight poker run would be to end up as a sweep boat at a race. I dunno??? Guess not.
Old 12-27-2002, 06:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Panther....Thanks.I agree with you it would be great to end the Poker Run with the race.Eddie Smith and I have a meeting after the Holidays with Dave P. of NJPPC and we'll see what can be done. I am a member of NJPPC and race and would really enjoy doing the Poker Run as well as race that weekend,stayed tuned.Regards Augie
Old 12-27-2002, 09:06 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

The poker run should end at Manasquan Inlet if possible. It may be good exposure for the NJPPC with everyone waiting at the inlet for the start of the race. Hell, I will be traveling by boat from Sandy Hook, to AC, then back for the Race, and then back home if everything works out.
Old 12-27-2002, 09:07 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

I guess those super fast 1000 HP boats can't run that far!?!? Sorry guys, had to bust on ya there!

Quick Reply: Feedback from Jersey Boyz Meeting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.