Question for 2002-2003 GM Dually Owners >

Question for 2002-2003 GM Dually Owners

Notices

Question for 2002-2003 GM Dually Owners

Old 12-27-2002, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got The Fever, Ike

Alcoa(sp) has the wheels for the "new" style GM trucks in the works. A good friend that is tight with them has the new wheels on his show truck. I'm still waiting to hear when they will be out for the general public though. They are the same style as Ike's and like Ile's, look damn good on the truck. Hope this helps. I'll let ya'll know if I hear of anything.

Robert
Old 12-27-2002, 01:51 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by bobby daniels
ROB IS THE WHEEL EXBERT BUT A 2002 AND A 2003 ARE DIFFERENT MY BROTHER BORED HIS WHEELS ON HIS 2002 IT WORKED HIS WHEELS DON'T FIT MY TRUCK

???????????????HELLO???????????

Well what was the difference, was the hub different? did they hit the caliper? different bolt circle? I am surprised that gm changed something after 2 years,but they did change the front end so who knows. I also did alot of research on the wheels for my truck and i sell wheels through my shop so i know something.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HELLLLLLLOOOOO Dont let Ike fool you. They are stainless steel wheel simulators on his truck!!!!!!I know this for a fact.He has already scrubbed against a curb and they are starting to rust
Old 12-27-2002, 03:21 PM
bobby daniels

Good then ike what does it take to make wheels work on a 2003 ? Alcoa just told me they don't make them yet but will begin sales in about 1 to 2 months .
Also they said it was the back spacing that was off along with needing to be drilled
I admit I'm no wheel man but they should know something ,I don't really give a damn what the difference is,,,, I just want someone to sell me some that will work is that you ????

Old 12-27-2002, 03:49 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Bobby, I just got off the phone with my chevy dealer and he checked on it and said that 01 to 03 wheel has the same part # for the dually so it should work. Alcoa has told me that the only difference was the hub size but they had to have it recertified and i guess it takes awhile. Alcoa dicked me around for months telling me that the wheels would be out soon and i got tried of waiting,it's been a year since i first tried to get them. My wheels offset is right on and the wheels fit perfect. I am going to try to get 03 dually and try my wheels on it, it helps having a chevy dealer next door and a brother who works at a gmc dealer and a friend who works for gm truck division. If it works out i can sell you them, call me if you want 1-610-647-8640 Ike
Old 12-27-2002, 04:27 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Originally posted by WARPAINT
HELLLLLLLOOOOO Dont let Ike fool you. They are stainless steel wheel simulators on his truck!!!!!!I know this for a fact.He has already scrubbed against a curb and they are starting to rust

HEY WARPAINT, F...UUUUUUUUUUUU
Old 12-27-2002, 04:40 PM
bobby daniels

YES SIR IKE I'D BE GLAD TO BUY THEM ! DAMN I HOPE THEY FIT !
I'VE HEARD THE SAME THING ABOUT ALCOA STALLING PEOPLE !!
JUST P.M. ME WHEN YOUR READY ,,,THANKS

Old 12-28-2002, 12:04 PM
Registered

I was told by Ultra that their rims will fit my 2003. I was also told that they were rated at 3000 lbs, which is more than most others. I ordered the rims but they forgot to order the lug nuts. They should be in around noon and I should know this afternoon if they fit. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Dan
Old 12-28-2002, 01:10 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ht=dually+rims
here it the thread i started .i ended up with the ultra 12 they look like the neppers.the other whell that is supose to fitt is the amerciam d 08 i did not like this whell, the other is weld whells evo havent seen a pict yet and that said it would fit?. the main thing i wanted was chrome plated alum. so i dodint have to polish or clear coat flaking or spotting .

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 12-31-2002, 06:25 PM
Registered

I finally got the rims on. I went with the Ultra-03, and they fit perfectly. Here’s a picture:
Attached Thumbnails Question for 2002-2003 GM Dually Owners-dually-after-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Question for 2002-2003 GM Dually Owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.