Notices

National Marine

Old 12-26-2002, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down National Marine

Can anyone tell me if a goverment agency can help me? I bought a passport extended warranty from NATIONAL MARINE. Now I want to cancell the policy and recieve a refund. Passport has been great to deal with no problem. Passport can not refund my money without NATIONAL MARINE signing off. NATIONAL MARINE refuses to sign off on the policy, therefor no refund. This is the second time NATIONAL MARINE has jerked me around with alarge sum of money(at least to me) Without getting an attorney is there a consumer watch dog that looks out for the little guy? Iam in Pa. they are in Ohio. It has been several monthsand I dont know what to do. Any help would be great! THe first incedent with the money was satisfied. THanks Daryl
Old 12-26-2002, 05:05 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

You need an OSO Bat! Check with Ike, he may have one! Good luck!
Old 12-26-2002, 05:19 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Why do want to cancel?
Old 12-26-2002, 05:21 PM
Registered

I have a couple friends that had zero luck trying to have anything covered. Loophles in the policy get them out of just about whatever they want.
Old 12-26-2002, 05:32 PM
Registered

Thanks 105. Anybody else?
Old 12-26-2002, 05:35 PM
Registered

You could contact the Attorney General in PA. @ http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/ppd/b...orm/cmplnt.cfm

And/or the Better Business Bureau @ http://bbbcomplaints.e-asp.net/Welcome.asp

If it’s the one in Warren, OH it looks like they are a BBB member with the following status:

----------------------Start BBB Excerpt-----------------------------
Our file experience shows that this company (NATIONAL AUTO & MARINE INC.) has a satisfactory record with the Bureau. Complaints brought to its attention have been addressed promptly.

To have a Satisfactory Record with the Bureau, a company must be in business for at least 12 months, properly and promptly address matters referred to it by the Bureau, and be free from an unusual volume or pattern of complaints and law enforcement action involving its marketplace conduct. In addition, the Bureau must have a clear understanding of the company's business and no concerns about its industry.

Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 1
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 1

Complaints Concerned
Product Quality Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
Company made every reasonable effort to Resolve: 1
----------------------End BBB Excerpt-------------------------------

Before proceeding, you may want to inform NM that you are about to contact the above agencies and that may be enough to sway their position.

Good Luck
Old 12-26-2002, 05:51 PM
packinair

Originally posted by chrker
Before proceeding, you may want to inform NM that you are about to contact the above agencies and that may be enough to sway their position.

Good Luck

truw but my biggest advice being a dealer for along time is they here it alot when people are irate.. the biggest thing with the dealer is to go to the top and STAY COOL..... don't make it sound like you are just pissed and making an idle threat..Also have the facts before you talk to them.. cause you know they know how it all works

Old 12-26-2002, 06:22 PM
Registered

I have stayed cool but numerous unreturned phone calls. Three months worth, starts to annoy a person!
Old 12-26-2002, 06:26 PM
packinair

onw think I have noticed that works.. when they are on another call... they always will be.... I'LL HOLD!!! but he might be a long time.... I"LL HOLD!!!!

Old 12-26-2002, 07:03 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

It is imperative that you document any attempts to communicate with them. Time, dates and results. Have you tried FAX??? or E-Mail?? Thats' good objective evidence you might need further down the road.

Quick Reply: National Marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.