Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Should I buy a center console or another go fast. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39822-should-i-buy-center-console-another-go-fast.html)

mmo jo 12-29-2002 10:28 AM

Should I buy a center console or another go fast.

Help I cant make up my mind. I have a 6 year old girl that loves to fish.So I was thinking of buying a Donzi zf 35 ft cc. or something like it. But I still love to do poker runs,and I have a sponser for next year. The boating in Fort myers is great but the go fast boating sucks.No one will run hard ! We have 4/5 cats that are quick and a hand full of real!!! and I mean REAL!!! 80 mph v hulls in town. I boat 2-3 times a weak and half the time I end up leaving the 390 at a friends house and taking out his 24 key west fishing. So I dont no what the hell to do!

florida gator 12-29-2002 10:45 AM

There are some great center console hulls out there. Some that I have ridden in; Donzi 32, Scarab Sport 26, Baha 28. I am leaning towards something likethat for my next boat. My friend has the Scarab Sport with a spray dodger and cushions for the front. Almost as good as a cabin for the family. I rarely use mine anyway.

Wardey 12-29-2002 12:25 PM

I have been tossing this around for the last few years. I know that as soon as I go to a CC with Cahinsaw's I will miss the BummptyBumptyBlaaBlaaa of the Big Block !!! So I bought a 22' Pathfinder that floats in 8" of water and does 60 on GPS so I can fish and run to some small spoil islands. Running fast in shallow water is a big adrenaline rush also !!! But I don't know if I could do with out a big block offshore boat. Wardey

mr_velocity 12-29-2002 01:37 PM

Fountain 37 TS

dreamer 12-29-2002 03:24 PM

powerplay 33 cc w/ twin 500 efis... call titos

velocitymania 12-29-2002 04:15 PM

Hey bro, it sounds like you need to put more power in your GO-BOAT!!!and work a deal out with your friend who owns the center-console. When you go boating, hit the poker runs hard and fast!!! I've seen your boat when it use to have BIG POWER in it!!!Hurley Stepp and I dialed that boat in at Lake X at 110mph!!! There is nothing like it!!!! I know where a decent center console is that's cheap! Let me know.

GO FAST!or GO HOME!!

mmo jo 12-29-2002 07:36 PM

But I still cant make up my mind . The hp. boating in Fort myers sucks. Thats why I hit 16 poker runs from Ny. to key west. But the rest of the time the boat sets in the drive way.

NASTY HABIT 12-29-2002 09:50 PM

don't have to be fast to run poker runs....the winner at the Sarasota run in Oct..was a 28 Pursuit..it's all about having fun...I would say if your daughter loves to fish ...FISH ON...go for someting more fish friendly...spend as much time with her as you can...those Cobras seem pretty sweet...and they are fast...looked at oen a while back... good luck with your choice..

Reindl Powerboats 12-29-2002 09:51 PM

Go Fast or Go Broke

or both!