Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Things to do in Tampa/St. Pete Beach??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39830-things-do-tampa-st-pete-beach.html)

mpally 12-29-2002 01:51 PM

Things to do in Tampa/St. Pete Beach???

We will be leaving for St. Pete Beach on Friday. Looks like the weather won't be cooperating with us. What is there to do in this area? We have been going there for years, so we know the general area pretty good. Are there any new places to eat or grab a beer? Where is the new Spectre fatory located? I am thinking about visiting there again. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Andy Buzz 12-29-2002 04:17 PM

Spectre is 10 minutes from St. Pete. Visit www.spectrepowerboats.com for address and telephone number. If you are going to be in for New Years, visit www.13uglymen.com for info on the best party.

JGB 12-29-2002 08:49 PM

Check out Baywalk in downtown St. Pete, lots of restaurants, trendy shops, people watching etc, the pier is a few blocks away also. for good fish go to Bonefish on 4th street, St. Pete. Busch gardens is always a good time. For good wings go to the midtown sundries restaurant on 1st st south, downtown st. pete and order some "barbalo wings"

Have a great time! :)

florida gator 12-29-2002 08:54 PM

Re: Visit

Originally posted by Pantera24-650HP
Mons Venus
2001 across the street has private dance boothes or the space ship! You don't have to worry about the 6' law.;)

26scarab 12-29-2002 09:45 PM

Go to an area called Ybor City. It is full of clubs, and resturants.
I had an incredible time there. It is like 3-4 blocks long and the streets are shut down , you just walk from bar to bar.

There was this great Sushi resturant there but I forgot the name. I believe one of the owners of the old Team Lazzara F2 team owns it . All is I know is when I was down for the 99 race I got to eat and drink for free there !!!!
I didn't get out of bed the next day until 5:00 in the afternoon ! To this day I don't think I have ever had a worse hangover.

kitten 12-29-2002 09:56 PM

Yes, Bonefish great place to eat!! Also, the Hurricane on Pass A Grill Beach, ( St Pete Bch) best grouper and SUNSETS!!
Where do you plan to stay??

mpally 12-29-2002 10:05 PM

My dad's company has a condo at Silver Sands. We have been to Hurricane before and it is pretty neat. Sit up on the top deck and watch the sunset. we were just looking for a few different places to eat and visit. Where is a good seafood place? Are there any good places to boat watch? Also. are there any golf courses that are reasonable and relatively uncrowded? I will be playing by myself and don't want to be waiting a lot. Thanks.

mpally 12-29-2002 10:08 PM

One more thiing, how long of a drive is it to the Cigarette factory. If the weather is really bad, I might venture down that way.

tunnelvision 12-29-2002 10:13 PM

we live in daytona and sometimes drive over to ybor for a night out . definatly a goooood time!!!! good golf course in st. pete/tampa area in the winter not crowded........um.......NO!!! if your by yourself or w/family go play at disney. unbelievable courses and let the rest of them go inside the park the park