Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cincinnati Riverfront Stadium Implsion >

Cincinnati Riverfront Stadium Implsion

Notices

Cincinnati Riverfront Stadium Implsion

Old 12-29-2002, 11:50 AM
Allan4

Default Cincinnati Riverfront Stadium Implsion

They dropped the old warrior this morning, I was there to watch it. Really cool thing too see. Mixed emmotions, but neat to see them implode this 60,000 capacity stadium into a neat little pile of iron. My entire life that Stadium has been a landmark on the river. If I knew how to post a link, I would. I am not much of a computer guy though. Someone give me a hand here !!!!

Thanks, A4

Old 12-29-2002, 12:05 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

They imploded the old Capital Center, in MD, outside of DC a few weeks ago too. Also more recently known as the USAir Arena. Indicative? I wonder?
Old 12-29-2002, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allan
Were you out on the river I just saw it on the news down here in FL it looked like there were quite a few boats out there. By the way we were out playing around in Sarasota Bay today not real warm but nice to be out on the water.
Todd
Old 12-29-2002, 06:03 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Did they blow up the Bengals with it.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:51 PM
Registered

Lightbulb Deal of a lifetime.....

Why do ya thunk those LOSERS were out of town????? As a valued customer, for a limited time only, Actually a lifetime, FOR SALE ......2003 Cincinnati Reds. As a door prize you will recieve the world famous Cincinnati Bengals(we keep the cheerleaders)HURRY! If you order today, You'll also recieve......not one, but two brand new stadiums. Yes two. The bengals obviously didn't use thiers.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

We were there... I certainly had mixed emotions... Before I was all for the new Stadiums (our Family had tickets before they even built Riverfront), but now I am very dissap. The Bengals Stadium, win or loose is a piece of junk on the inside and went so overbudget it will be imploded before it is paid for, and the GAB is so small. Great for reg season, but what about the penant races and World Series games. I remeber them sweeping the A's in the Series and that place rocked. The new place couldn't make that much noise if everyone had a trumpet. Maybe I set my standards too high, but I certainly do not see how we are ahead of where we were 3 years ago Stadium wise.

Chris
Old 12-29-2002, 10:52 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by Troutly
Ha! They suck even worse than the Vikings!
Dude, keep going....they suck more than the Bethoon Cookman Flag Football team.

Chris, I agree totally. I voted for and was excited about the new stadiums. PB stadium looks like a parking garage on the inside and Great American Ballpark is not really "accoustically beneficial", nor is PB for that matter. Old Riverfront used to rock, THE JUNGLE!! Those were the days. I already miss the old *****. PB needs some colors and GAB......remains to be seen. I hope that Cincy gets back on the map as a professional sports town. Both franshises have had great success at times, hope it retruns, it is so much fun that way!!!

Todd, I watched it from land. Were quite a few boats out there though.......

Old 12-30-2002, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you "suckers" enjoy paying for Mike browns little "toy" !!!
He gets his $ no matter what !!!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 09:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally posted by birdog
He gets his $ no matter what !!!!!
Not really. We gave up our tickets last year, and alone cost them over $10,000 in revenue. If more fans would just do the same, they would not be profitable, as they are now. We had to give up killer seats, but we thought it out and decided it was time to show them we would not stand for it. I sent Mike a letter stating we would buy again when they won. It was hard only because we went to two of the best ever Super Bowls with them in the 80's.

The head coach is gone today, lets hope all his assistants follow and they start grom scratch with a new GM.
Old 12-30-2002, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

uhhhhh Chris.........
I hate to tell you this............but..........
It is in the contract with Hamilton County............
Brown gets his $............full or not !!!!!!!!!!
Dumbest thing i ever saw !!!!!!!!!
Also.....NO other events allowed without his say so !!!!!
I lived in Hamilton county when this happened...Voted NO !!!!!1

Quick Reply: Cincinnati Riverfront Stadium Implsion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.