A Question for LOTO regulars >

A Question for LOTO regulars

Notices

A Question for LOTO regulars

Old 12-30-2002, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default A Question for LOTO regulars

I am planning on trailering out to LOTO for at least one trip in the comming year.

I am aware of the big three weekends (Memorial Day, 4th of July,
Labor Day) and The Shoot Out if you want to make it four.

My question is, if you could only make it one time, what weekend would you choose and why?

Now to really make it more interesting what would be your second choice, third choice, etc. and again why?

I have been twice before, first for the US Offshore race several years back and secondly for the Poker Runs America Poker Run.

Had a great time both times even though it was not a holiday weekend. Great scenery at Party Cove etc.

Also, if unable to make it for one of the "big 3", is it really that much more sedate on a regular weekend? The two non holiday trips I have made impressed me!

Thanks in advance for any info that you can provide me.

Mark
Old 12-30-2002, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

if you are wanting to see HP, i would choose the shootout weekend. if you are wanting T&A, i would choose 4th of July weekend. the last week in july/1st weekend in august is usually a great "non-holiday" weekend.

every weekend at LOTO is a good weekend on the water.....

chad
Old 12-30-2002, 04:08 PM
loanaranger

i agree with chad the fourth is normally the craziest as far as the cove goes. The other two are probably a little slower every year, but still absolutely crazy. If those other wknds. impressed you then any wknd during the summer will because if I remember right the Poker Runs of America run was in October. Let us know when you are coming!

Barry

Old 12-30-2002, 04:21 PM
Big E

I agree with jawbreakerkid, every weekend at LOTO is good, Fall harbor hop was a lot of fun even though it rained, that was my 1st one, can't wait for spring harbor hop too. I found that once July hits it is packed any weekend you go down there.

Old 12-30-2002, 04:44 PM
Registered

Thaks for the responses so far. Keep them comming. Would like to get as much info as possible.

Loanaranger
Yes maybe I forgot about the Poker Run. Now that you refreshed my memory - I froze ma a$$ of during the run. Must have been low 50*s and rain. Not a good day.

JBK
HP is a good thing however I do have a strong affection to T&A and the "fun" that Party Cove can bring.
May try and plan for the 4th and then if all goes well back for the shoot out. Will be in touch via the board as the time approaches.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 12-30-2002, 07:26 PM
Registered

Back toward the top.

Would like a little more input from more people. Not that I don't trust the opinions already posted just would like to get as may as possible.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 12-30-2002, 09:14 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I go on the Mem. Day weekend and there are a LOT of OSO people there for that. I then go down again on the Shootout weekend. Lots of fun!!!

You can't go wrong on any of the weekends you mentioned.

My choices would be:

Shootout
Mem. Day
Any other weekend since I've never been there on any other weekend!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd find out what weekend Nort is going and go then.

Buck
Old 12-30-2002, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

the weather will sometimes screw you
on memorial day.
the fourth of july is on a friday this
year, a 3 dayer.
my vote, the shootout, you can hang out at
the shoot out, or go to the cove.
jt
Old 12-30-2002, 11:37 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about an opinion from a non-resident and someont that has only been twice. Tried a third but missed it

First time I went was 2001 Shootout. Brought my own boat but did not run the shootout that year

We 'did' Party cove on Saturday then we did the Shootout on Sunday.
It was a truly awesome expereince. Now please take the to even more meaning because Saturday night after the Cove we went to BackWaterJacks and that is where I cracked my ribs and basically ruined the rest of my enjoyment time
Alot of people did not even know it happened until after the weekend was done. It was kinda a bummer because all I did was sit in the boat and watch the races. We had a front row seat thanks to some other OSO members there.
Now i missed Mem day this year due to my truck. I heard is was not hte best weather but everyone made the best out of it and a great time was had by all.

You want the BEST MOST possible enjoyment. Do what I did this year.
Went down for hte Shootout, stayed during the week prior to Labor day. Stayed through labor day. That was one awesome time. You get the best of everything. THere are actually several people from OSO that do just this. You get the shootout. Which I ran this year both on Sat and Sun. AFter the runs I went to Party Cove both days. However, I will day I will never do that again. Coming into the channels people are merciless with drivers. Squirting thier water cannons why you are trying to steer through the maze. I am shocked I did not hit another boat as close as I was and unable to see from these a$$holes!.
But onto the week after. When you have teh ENTIRE lake to yourself. Well at least it seems os in comparison to what the weekend before was like.
Then Labor Day weekend comes. People coming into town. You are there to help out and greet them. THe whole weekend is just great.
Best 2 weeks I have ever spent boating and I owe it all to such great friends that I have met right here on OSO. Thanks Kevin and Amy for the hospitality and use of your great Condo

I will always remember those 2 weeks there. Both the good and the few bad things Damn trailer and tranny
SO there you have the long story of it. ANY weekend wil be great. SOme will be more then others. I really liked the extra time inbetween the major weekends just as much as them.

Quick Reply: A Question for LOTO regulars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.