Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   THIS JUST IN... 2003 Mid-Atlantic Winter OSO Chill-Out UPDATE (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39929-just-2003-mid-atlantic-winter-oso-chill-out-update.html)

Sydwayz 12-30-2002 05:00 PM

THIS JUST IN... 2003 Mid-Atlantic Winter OSO Chill-Out UPDATE

Chris Reindl of Reindl Powerboats has just donated a 1/2-day race school in a Batboat at any of the APBA Pro Events.

I have also confirmed that we will have OSO gear to be given away; and I am working on others.

Everyone with a paid admission will be eligible for these door prizes. Each person will receive one door prize ticket. Additional door prize tickets will be available for a small fee. I still need to work out the details.

We have over 60 people confirmed and many more coming. Richbrau Brewing Company in Richmond, VA, has set up something great for us. Based on a 100-person attendance they are going to have a set aside area for all of us, for about 3 or 4 hours, on Saturday, February 1st. I have yet to nail down and finalize all of this, to include a time, but this is based on ALL OF YOUR RSVPs. They are giving us the entire West Wing of their establishment, with 3 pool tables, totally to us for the reserved time slot. After our reserved section ends around 9pm, the entire establishment is at our disposal including the restaurant, nightclub with dance floor, more pool tables, and several bars. We are planning on the cover charge to include "heavy hors d'oeuvres" which means it should be enough to fill up on; (fruits, veggies, cheese, jumbo cocktail shrimp, buffalo chicken wings, seven layer dip and chips, and a slab of slow roasted round with our own carver serving). As like last year, drinks and any individually ordered items would be on your own tabs. This worked great last year. For some of you, this will be a haul, but this will be ABSOLUTELY worth the effort of the drive. If this is not enough incentive to come, given my other offer to pay for the 3 farthest travelling OSO members in attendance, I don't know what is.
See this thread:

3 Farthest Travelled OSO Members

This party is going to ROCK!

ccarloss 12-30-2002 05:05 PM

Brian, it sounds like you are putting together one hell of a bash. I would love to attend but I will be on my way back from the Keys that day.

Sydwayz 12-30-2002 05:10 PM

Splinter, fly back into Richmond!

ccarloss 12-30-2002 05:15 PM

I would love to but I am taking the boat. We check out Saturday morning and start the trek back. Let's see........if I can Average 95mph I can make it to Richmond in 12 hours :D :D

OldSchool 12-30-2002 06:18 PM

Brian, You've got mail

Nancy and I will be there:D :D :D

Secretformula 12-30-2002 06:30 PM

Pollie and Iwill be there:D

MnFastBoat 12-30-2002 11:41 PM

HUmmmmmm
ownder if they would change out hte drivers seat to a larger version to fit my fat arse :)

See you guys there.
How far of a drive is it from there to Jacksonville FL??
:)

Cignificant 12-31-2002 07:43 AM

FastBoat - 9 hours to the FLA border from Richmond. (I drove it last week!). We made it to Palm Beach in 13.5hrs, but that was with wife and kids (equals 6 stops).

Brian, you know you can count on my wife and I being there...

BillR 12-31-2002 08:08 AM

Brian, my wife and I will be there as will many of the HRPA folks!!

wms 12-31-2002 09:23 AM

Two more HRPA folks checkin' in. Looking forward to it.

Macklin & Diane