Notices

title problems

Old 12-30-2002, 08:43 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

buy a wrecked cig and switch HIN, just kidding works but could cause a problem

actually both my boats had lien problems , the releases were
copies and the bank went out of busness, and the other was from a divorce, husband said the wife had the release and the wife said he had it. BIG hassles

Last edited by wwwTOPDJcom; 12-30-2002 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-30-2002, 08:43 PM
Dustyn

Thanks everyone, I will be running this matter through the attorney soon.

Dustyn

Old 12-30-2002, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the advice looking for.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:12 PM
Big E

I would think if you had a bill of sale, notorized from the seller, I would think you would have no problem. When I buy a boat from an individual I request a notorized bill of sale from the seller. Due to the fact that the last two boats I bought the owners still had loans on the boat, so when I took delivery of the boat from the owner I had to wait for the bank to release the title, this took about a month in both cases. I thought the same thing you did, what if the guy I bought the boat from did not use the money I gave him for the boat to pay off the bank, would I be screwed? I would think if you had a notorized bill of sale from the owner I would think you would be covered. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe someone out there knows the answer to this. Are you covered with a notorized bill of sale from the owner while you are waiting for his bank to release the title??

Old 12-30-2002, 11:00 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know here in NY if the bank has a lien and they dont get paid
you wont get a lien release, there for If I tried to get the Motor Vehicles to let it changed hands they wont.

From now on I gonna handle boat the same way I handle cars
I take cash or a cerified check to the persons bank with him present, I pay off any balance on the vehicle directly to the bank
they refund him the diffence right on the spot , I leave with the lien release and title and Im home free
Old 12-31-2002, 06:16 AM
Offshore Addiction

I would run the numbers with the local authorities and make sure he's the owner and if he is all youll need is a power attorney from him to retitle and register it in your name,you can do all the power of attorneys by fax with the proper info,your local DMV should have all the forms you'll need.......then if you run into a problem w/leins or him not being the owner your local law enforcement will take care of it for you,no attorneys required,remember ,this transaction crossed state lines........and if its not legal,hes in deep !@#t!!!!!!!!he'll need the attorney

Old 01-01-2003, 10:48 PM
Registered

Old 01-02-2003, 06:37 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Dustyn: I can't believe a 75 vessel still has a lein on it, it would be unlikley. If he got a loan, probably a signature loan, no collateral needed.
Take a noterized bill of sale and apply for
lost title, at the DMV or Marine Division like GOforBroke says!!
As a lender, I could only lend on the high value, high dollar
boats that were 10 years old & could
retain a loan value .
Old 01-03-2003, 08:45 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

or call the Texas dmv, give them the hull #
and get some information,
Old 01-03-2003, 08:55 AM
Banned

I bought an old boat once with no title. I went to the tag office and told them I built it. They gave me a title.

Quick Reply: title problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.