Attached Thumbnails I think I found LOTO-loto.jpg  
Old 12-29-2002, 10:59 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Troutly
Actually, that itty-bitty ditch is more representative of Havasu then LOTO
"The ditch in the desert"

One question......does anyone that frequents Havasu know what a TREE is??? I thought not.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:25 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Can't we all just get along???

The "ditch" was alive and well this weekend. I was in Havasu with HavasuCig this past Saturday and we were surprised to see quite a few boaters out there. We saw the new 36" Gladiator (that won the overall Women's Division) from this past years Catalina ski Race. Uncle toys was out there as well, but we missed him. It was approx. 70 degrees out also. Wish we had the Top Gun out there that day.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:26 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

One question......does anyone that frequents Havasu know what a TREE is??? I thought not. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sure we do..........we have Palm trees and more Palm trees!!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 08:26 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Last time I checked, there was more miles of coast line at Lake of the Ozarks than the entire west coast of California- I'm curious as to how many Havasus you could fit in there!
Don't knock it till you try it!
Old 12-30-2002, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are more miles of coast line in Oklahoma than the length of the Western & Southern coastlines of the USA - COMBINED!!
Also, Oklahoma has the largest lake in the USA contained within a single states borders! (take that Michiganders!! )
Shoot, my lake alone has 650 miles of natural sand beach! And no salt to eat everything up. We however cannot compete on the "bare skin scales" used on Havasu & LOTO!
Old 12-30-2002, 11:38 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally posted by blown formula

Also, Oklahoma has the largest lake in the USA contained within a single states borders! (take that Michiganders!! )
Shoot, my lake alone has 650 miles of natural sand beach! !
Yeah, but it has BRIDGES OVER IT!!!! The only bridge over Lake Michigan/Lake Huron is a SUSPENSION bridge 5 miles long. That reseviour in OK isn't even 5 miles wide!!! Put a damn on a creek in the desert and you get sand beaches. Viola!!!! Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, Lake Superior, Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, NO DAMNS. Lot's of beaches. And plenty of skin!! I give you Put In Bay Ohio, and Hanky Panky Bay in Grand Haven, MI.

Oh, and no salt. Except on the Marguiritas.
Old 12-30-2002, 12:44 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by blown formula
We however cannot compete on the "bare skin scales" used on Havasu & LOTO!
Blown Formula,
After doing the Golden Eagle Poker Run down at Eufalla, (sp?), I'd say you guys have a pretty good start. I'm not sure what y'all call that cove/sandbar, but it was pretty cool.
Or, we could go out west to congratulate the new "Miss Havasu"
Attached Thumbnails I think I found LOTO-misshavasu.bmp  

Last edited by Gordo; 12-30-2002 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-30-2002, 01:16 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Default MissHavasu

GAWD!!! I'm blinded!!
Old 12-30-2002, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to get anything started here, BUT: rolleyes: No Dams????? Don't they have LOCKS? Isn't that in itself a "dam"???? If you have to change water levels to go from one place to another there MUST be a dam & pumps of some sort...... oh, I forgot about the "zebra mussell" problem also....we don't have that either. As far as the "skin" goes, I just meant we don''t have the overcrowding of Havasu (or the "gunslingers on the beaches") or of LOTO. I don't think we are a "desert" ... these are not the dustbowl days. We are know as "Green Country" in the eastern half of the state. I'm not sure, but maybe Minnesota has more waterfront than we do, but most of it is smaller lakes (Babe- the Blue Ox's footprints per the legend) not enough room to run a big boat out! Uh- Oh, now I got Minnesota in this with the Michiganders! All in fun guys!

Quick Reply: I think I found LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.