Notices
View Poll Results: How was your ride home??
got one
13.43%
got stopped no DUI
13.43%
never drank
53.73%
I am still shaking
5.97%
I swear to drunk I am not GOD
13.43%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Dwi

Old 01-01-2003, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stopped two years ago at the suggestion of my doctor. It seems it was a choice between partying, which I never did a great deal of, or having serious health issues (more serious than I was already having) in the near future. It wasn't a tough decision to make but I really miss a nice cold beer on a very hot day. The last drink I had was on Labor Day, 2000.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:40 AM
Registered

Got popped about 18-19 years ago. Back then you could get them changed and I got mine changed to a speeding ticket. Now if you try and plea bargin it is contempt of court and guilty.

Bad thing is also if I got one these days I would loose my EMT certification which is a requirement of my job as a FF so I would loose my job. Offcourse that still wouldn't be as bad as making the wrong decision and hurting myself or someone else.
Old 01-01-2003, 12:13 PM
Registered

Originally posted by cuda
I imagine the percentages will change later in the morning. The hard drinkers last night either aren't up yet, or too drunk to type.
Yeah, didn't get online until 11:30. Wife is 7 mos preg. I sorta have a built in dd.
Old 01-01-2003, 02:57 PM
Registered

i got 2 within 8 months back in college. made me quit drinking since the 3rd one is a felony.
Old 01-01-2003, 03:34 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

You forgot one on your poll:

Never been pulled over when intoxicated.

Not once. I don't drink much, and I tend to stay near home when I drink anyway (not more than a couple of easy freeway miles home from my usual watering hole). On the boat I am always IN CONTROL.... no use putting me, my passengers, my driving record, or my vessel in that kind of danger.

I've been pulled over twice where the cop had to be sure I was drunk. He was sitting down the street from the bar when I left. Got around the corner and got pulled over (two weekends in a ROW!!!). First time I had one beer in me. Didn't even go back to his car. Looked at me, looked at my licence, let me go. Second time was a week later, same bar, and it was the SAME COP. Pulled me over, got up to the truck, saw it was me, let me go with a smile and a "have a nice evening." Friends of mine own this particular bar, I know everyone who works there, and I often don't have anything more than a coke when I'm there. Just like to go there and hang with friendly faces and nice people.

Bar is the Anchor (see, even my drinking, hang out bar is nautical!!) in Grand Rapids. I recomend it to anyone.
Old 01-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Never drive after drinking, drove a vette for years and got pulled over about 2x's a month. Never a lot of tickets, usually just to see who was driving the car and harass. Got a lexus and was never pulled over in it, but the lessons of never drinking while driving stayed.
Old 01-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Registered

Got nailed a few years ago at PIB. Those bastards have NO sense of humor!
Old 01-01-2003, 11:12 PM
Coddigtion

Well....

I got one November 17th 1999, wrecked a new truck in the process. The bar was less than one mile from my house. I don't care if it is one mile from your house, don't drive after you have drank! I have a couple of connections, so the whole thing was reduced to a Reckless Driving ticket and that was even taken off of my record.

I went almost three years without drinking and driving until this summer and I went NUTS(had a bad breakup but that is no excuse), four weeks ago one of my best friends patrol men pulled me over and had a dissusion with me, and then my best friend and the patrol man made me pay for how much I had been drinking and driving. My best friend which is a sargent in HPD knew how bad I had been hurting myself, considering that he picked me a few times up from a bar. They also made me realize how much my drinking etc was hurting my buisness and how easily I could loose it. On new years eve, I only had three glasses of wine, including one with dinner. I have a good friend to thank, because if I would have gotten the DUI, I would have just paid for it and went on with the party if you know what I mean.

I am not proud of any of this, but it is how it is.

-Linn

Thank you SF & JB your guys were right.

Old 01-02-2003, 05:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We never went out, had a nice quiet time at home.

Have I ever driven home under the influence?
Yes, twice and don't remember either time.
That was back in the mid 70's when I was young and stupid.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:08 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Got popped about 3 years ago. I had a good lawyer and had it reduced to wreckless driving. I don't drink near what I use to after all that mess!!

Quick Reply: Dwi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.