Northern Michigan Fun Run? >

Northern Michigan Fun Run?

Notices

Northern Michigan Fun Run?

Old 01-21-2003, 11:31 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds great! Haven't been to Mackinaw since I was little. * Wish I could go.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:46 AM
Registered

hey whitey,

winter is going good, has gotten real cold up here lately. I dont think we will change the route but who knows. i like it the way it is with a little of everything. I am going to delegate some of the work this year though. I am sure it will continue to be nuts.

kaama, we will get you through the rocky parts, last years run was great. we got to "initiate" two new boats and they made it safely.

whitey, the 42 formula is getting three new engines, he wont tell me what though.

scott
Old 01-22-2003, 12:01 PM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Just might be interested in this run....Is the 12th a firm date??? Any idea how long a run it is????1 day or 2???? Also is this a guys only run????Trying to get this years vacation schedule lined up and it looks like it should be 1 week before the Venetian Festival in St. Joe I always hit......
Steve
Old 01-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Registered

12th is a firm date, one day run, stay over night in boats and either boat back around the next day or pull out.

not a guys only run, would have no idea what to do with all the whip cream.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

yzbert, you make it sound like the new boats that were there for the first time just BARELY made it through the mine field of rocks....like WHEW!---like it way too close of a call or something!
Old 01-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy Mark you sure are sounding like a Candy Boy!!!!If I'm not mistaken the shipping channel through the rocks is 3000 ft wide, I think you can even hit that!!! I might make the trip alone if I cant make the date work, but like they say safety is in numbers..... Just stay away from Garden Island it gets ugly around there!
Old 01-22-2003, 08:02 PM
Registered

it wasn't a mine field of rocks kaama, more like a mound of whip cream the new boats had to make it through.

i agree with the 3000 ft shipping lane, the route we take that day doesnt include any short cuts.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Registered

Hi Scott,
So new engines in the Formula.. I wonder, as if he was not fast enough last year..lol
Have you gotten a new boat yet?
Kamma it was an very easy route and there are several channel markers. I was one of the newbies last year and it is a blast except for the ride back we hit very big water. I will probably trailer back next time. Dwight
Old 01-23-2003, 08:32 AM
Registered

that is for the much longer trips and vacation.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:05 AM
Registered

This trip sounds like fun, I would be interested in joining. If you start in Petoskey and end in Mullet lake, how do you get back to where you started? I'm guessing drive the boat back to Petoskey. I haven't been to Beaver Island in 15 years and Mackinac in 12, sounds like a good trip. How many miles does that cover?

Quick Reply: Northern Michigan Fun Run?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.