Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Views from top of the Sears Tower (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40088-views-top-sears-tower.html)

hp500efi 01-02-2003 07:07 AM

Views from top of the Sears Tower

1 Attachment(s)
The family and I went to the Chicago boat show yesterday and afterwards went to the top of the Sears Tower to check-out some of the views.

Being that I am scared of heights :crazy: , I went anyway and snapped some pictures. My three boys were up leaning on the glass saying "Dad check it out", , I am like "GET BACK FROM THE GLASS YOU GUYS". It is a very interesting building and offers a lot of views.

This pic is looking towards the East over Lk Michigan. If you look closely, you will see the Chicago Bears stadium being renovated.

hp500efi 01-02-2003 07:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic 2

Here is a pic looking NorthEast. Notice the John Hancock Building :)

hp500efi 01-02-2003 07:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic 3

Looking North (or should I say damn near straight down :rolleyes:

hp500efi 01-02-2003 07:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Last

Here is a better shot looking out over Lake Michigan

Payton 01-02-2003 07:12 AM

Cool pics.
How was the show?

gdfatha 01-02-2003 07:24 AM

Nice photos..

Looks like T-s and shorts weather:D :chimp: :D

Is that a runway across the bay at the top???

MnFastBoat 01-02-2003 08:03 AM

Great shots
I was there less then 2 months after 9/11
Want an sick feeling. Have the thoughts and prayers of those from NY that day and try to live out what YOU would do :(
Especially once I was down on ground level looking UP!
Sorry to put a bad memory in your mind, but I can almost bet you or one of your family members at least THOUGHT about 9/11 if not even spoke of it :(

Great pics Will be there Saturday and Sunday :)

Cord 01-02-2003 08:10 AM

It always amazes me how the world really looks like simcity.

MrCIG 01-02-2003 08:17 AM

Yes that's Meigs Field Airport on the lake front. They want to make it into a park:mad:

Wally 01-02-2003 08:20 AM

gdfatha, thats Megs field....been an on going debate as to weather or not to close it down and make it into a park.

Raypanic 01-02-2003 10:04 AM

How long did you wait in line? Did you get a city pass? When I was there last year the line was horrendous, we had a city pass and we only waited about an hour to get in.

bajadude 01-02-2003 10:08 AM

Cool pix. Always on of my favorite cities.

Dredgeking 01-02-2003 10:24 AM

i love flying into meigs field. very convenient for private planes.

hp500efi 01-02-2003 10:31 AM

Ray, gotta love Chicago on New Years Day. Talk about a ghost town :).

I parked two blocks down from the Sears on the street (how rare is that). Walked right in, waited about 5 minutes to get tickets, watched the short movie (theater was about 3/4 full) and right to the top.

srobak:, my plan was to go to the Hancock building but got out voted by the kids :(. I hear that they too did some major renovation on their observation deck. We will do that building next time down there.

MnFastBoat, Hugh, yes you hit that right on the head. I won't tell you what my feelings were when I was in line to get tickets (knowing who was also in line :eek: ). I will say that they have security very tight. Almost all of the builing is surrounded by Red/White/Blue concrete dividers to prevent cars/trucks from crashing into it. They also have metal detectors as you enter the building and search bags that are suspect. I was glad to see that.

R Addiction 01-03-2003 09:59 AM

Scared to death of hieghts! I was cringing just looking at those pictures!

By the way this #1000 post for me!!:eek:

Pete B 01-04-2003 07:38 AM

the airport would be a good location to host pits and spectator viewing for a offshore race once it becomes a park. :)