Scarab or Chris Craft Stinger lookin' for info >

Scarab or Chris Craft Stinger lookin' for info

Notices

Scarab or Chris Craft Stinger lookin' for info

Old 12-28-2002, 01:40 AM
clipper4730

Default Scarab or Chris Craft Stinger lookin' for info

Hey folks,
I am brand new on this board and i am in the market for a boat. Unfortunately I am not in the position to shell out 150k on a nice new noisemaker but during my browsing I have been looking alot at the Scarab and the Chris Craft Stinger. In particular I am considering a Scarab 40' or a 31' Stinger with outboards. My interest has been mostly cosmetic because I am a totally illiterate in offshore powerboats, and I need a little help. If I were to go with the Scarab 40 would it be possible to convert it to outboards. Also what are the pros and cons of each model. I am looking at late eighties early nineties hulls. An expertise any of you might have would be invaluable in my search for a quality piece of marine hardware.

P.S. I have grown up around boats and consider myself fairly knowledgeable but have no experience with offshore boats.

Old 12-28-2002, 02:17 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

40', why would you want to hang egg beaters off the back of a 12,000lbs boat???

it could be done but i have no idea why you would want to do that. If you ran triple promax300 she might run 60. But you are talking like 60k worth of engines. You could buy a pair of hp500s with whipples and fresh bravos for that kind of money.

I know of one 38KV scarab available with 550hp big block. Late 80s nice shape not to pricey. I think there are a couple 38's in the classifieds too.
Old 12-28-2002, 07:47 AM
Offshore Addiction

beleive it or not but I have a 83 scorpion 38 ft w/triple mercs,on a trailer,and radar arch sitting in my barn,it belongs to a buddy of mine and he needs to move it.Got somebody trying to buy it now but hes having a couple of problems in purchasing.The boat needs some work and paint,but has been surveyed and the values are incredible(unbelievable for that year boat),but I am in the understanding it was built by chris craft racing.the boat has weird registration stickers from the state of florida on the outboards because it was seized years back in miami for smugglin,its got hidden fuel cells in the bow for long range runnin(go figure)!anyway if you want to contact or pm me I'll give you the low down on it.

Old 12-28-2002, 10:16 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I'm with puder.....why would you want to hang O/B's off the back of a big, heavy Scarab? For that matter, why on a Stinger? It is also a heavy hull. Is there some reason you want O/B's so bad? Big blocks would be the way to go in either of those boats.

Mike
Old 12-28-2002, 10:28 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i've seen the 31 stinger center console with OBs. If I can find one as a project I might even consider one (in the future). It would make a nice dive boat and still have a performance edge to it.

i know welcraft made a 34 with OBs it hink it was called a ninja or something. It wasn't a center console either.
Old 12-28-2002, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just buy Norts 312 Formula.....Late model with reliable power...
The best value out there now....IMHO........
Can't beat a Formula!!!
Old 12-28-2002, 10:37 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i though it was realy a 24' and that he stretched it in photoshop to make himself a 31?
Old 12-28-2002, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Knowing Chaos......That is a very real possibility !!!!!!!

HEY.....Don't forget DJDs 38 Flatdeck !!!! Someone is going to steal that boat !!!!!! {and then they can sell the arch } LOL
Old 12-28-2002, 12:34 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

stop, be quite do not mention daves cig!!!!!

if i go to florida and can scrape up some loot its mine!!!!
Old 12-28-2002, 12:53 PM
clipper4730

The main reason I am interested in outboards is the space they afford. It seems that even in a 40' foot boat there is hardly any room in the cockpit. I have not actually looked at one up close so maybe there is enough room but the stingers I saw with the outboards seemed to have a truckload of room in the back. I looked at the center consoles but I am wanting something that I could spend a weekend on, and the cuddy seems a bit small for two. Anyway thanks so much for all the info keep it coming. I need to be educated.

Feel free to email me if you have info on a boat I might be interested in.

[email protected]

Again thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Scarab or Chris Craft Stinger lookin' for info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.