Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT-OHIO did it to us.. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40232-ot-ohio-did-us.html)

gdfatha 01-03-2003 11:34 PM

OT-OHIO did it to us..

1 Attachment(s)
dammit..Every Florida team lost their games in the past two weeks..

VelocityMike 01-03-2003 11:55 PM

It was a great game. The college rules about overtime I think really made that game. It was like fighting it out till the end and it seemed really fair. Although that one pass interference call cost Miami the game and it was a bad call. Oh well still a great game.

Waterfoul 01-04-2003 12:06 AM

Bad Call?? What are you talking about!!!???!!!??? The ref made the only call he could make. After the OSU Alumni Assocaition made all those contributions to the refs........ :D :D Just kidding. It was a close call. I'm watching the play right now, and to me, he had his left arm on the OSU receiver before the ball go there. Judgment call by the ref, and the game is over, so there it is.

Play of the game: ???

Maurice Clarret stripping the ball from the Miami defender after he intercepted it.

Turnover, turnovers, turnovers. The team with the least turnovers usually wins. This game proves it. Defense wins games. This game proves it. Held Miami to it's lowest points total of the season. Game over.

Oh yeah....and the college OT system is far and above better than the pro's system. Love it.:)

jb 01-04-2003 12:10 AM

the call was clearly blown..no contact after ball left QB'S hand.
too bad they lose on a major blunder like that. Too much momentum switch to even have a chance after that.

VelocityMike 01-04-2003 12:12 AM

waterfoul I would agree with you on the refs call it was really close. The first catch in over time by Miami was great I thought too. He almost reached down in front of him and got it. Lot of good talent out there tonight.

Niuhi 01-04-2003 12:14 AM

Great game and I'm not a fan of either team. The only down side to what was a terrific game was the injury to McGahee. That is something you truly hate to see. More than anything what I will remember is a well played game and the sportsmanship displayed by both teams.

VelocityMike 01-04-2003 12:15 AM

Oh yeah and by the way:

DID YOU SEE SOME OF THE OHIO GIRLS!!!!!!! :crazy: :woohoo:

Makes me wonder why I did not go to a big school.:confused:

chrker 01-04-2003 12:54 AM

Originally posted by jb
the call was clearly blown..no contact after ball left QB'S hand.
too bad they lose on a major blunder like that. Too much momentum switch to even have a chance after that.

More importantly…you shouldn’t win a National Championship on a call that close. Besides, Miami got it back on an interference call on their next attempt. Gave them first and goal from the three I believe. Unfortunately, OSU’s defense was there to shut them down in 4 straight. :D