Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I need legal advise & help making a revenge web site (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40439-i-need-legal-advise-help-making-revenge-web-site.html)

DJD 01-06-2003 07:12 PM

I need legal advise & help making a revenge web site

I bought a truck from a South Carolina dealer on e-bay. I sent a deposit & flew down from CT several days later.
We took the truck for a ride & I immediately herd & felt a vibration.
The dealer said "it's the aggressive tread on the tires making the noise/vibration".
We close the deal & I start driving back to CT.
4 hrs down the road, driver side front wheel locks up, sending me across two lanes & into the grass divider on I-95.
I get the truck to the local ford dealer, rent a car & drive home.
Dealer #1 says they will take care of it. Dealer #2 fixes it ($2600 hub, rotor, knuckle, spindle etc..) and I take the train back to Washington to pick it up.
Dealer #2 says dealer #1 hasn't paid yet. I call dealer #1 & they say they are sending a company check that will be there in two days. Dealer #2 takes my credit card # just in case & I drive the truck home.
Today, dealer #2 had to charge my account because they were never paid & dealer #1 says they will send me a check for only $500.
I STILL haven't received the title which is probably illegal in itself.
The vehicle was sold with "no warranty" but they put in writing that it was in "above average" mechanical condition. Also, since I asked what a particular condition was & he lied, I would think I have some legal rights.
Second, who knows how to set up a one page web site so I can tell my story to the public. The dealer does ALOT of internet sales & I want them to know I am trying to kill a few deals for screwing me. I'm also considering a full page add in the Columbia SC newspaper's auto section a few times ($500).
Thanks for the advise, Dave

DJD 01-06-2003 07:23 PM

Originally posted by Too Old
Maybe you'd like me and a couple of LARGE friends to drop by and pick up your check?:eek:
Too Old, I'd gladly pay someone to drop by. The dealer is near Columbia SC (Lugoff). Tell Gregg the salesman how nice his new house is coming along down the street & how nice his girlfriend looks while playing pool:hothead:

Pure Energy 01-06-2003 07:26 PM

Give him a negative feedback on E-bay.

DJD 01-06-2003 07:48 PM

Originally posted by Too Old
Dave,

I live 60 miles north of Lughoff on Hiway 1. My attorney is located in Lughoff.

Why not force the issue? They've agreed to pay. Call them and let them know a friend will be coming by for your check. If they hand it over, I'll drop it in a Fed Ex envelope.

I actually would like to talk to your attny. & see what my options are. I will gladly pay for his time.
I don't mind spending a grand just as long as I can squeeze this fooker for the full amount.

Audiofn 01-06-2003 09:12 PM

Dave if that does not help and you want to go through with it then let me know I will have my bro put up a site for you and me. You for your truck, me for mine!!!!!! :( Ford was sapposed to call me back on the 2nd and still no call. They said that they will NEVER put a new tranny in my truck :(:(

Jon

US1 Fountain 01-06-2003 09:16 PM

Sorry about the problems. Makes it hard to trust anyone anymore. Anyways, wouldn't a website have to be worded very carefully in order to avoid a slander suit? Just curious.

Steve 1 01-06-2003 09:26 PM

US1 If you stick to the “Story” how can that be slander?

Cord 01-06-2003 09:38 PM

Small claims. Also, because they are a commercial operation, you may have 3 days to cancell the contract.

US1 Fountain 01-06-2003 09:40 PM

Thats the "very careful" part I guess. I'm no lawyer, so just asking, nothing more.

BRUCE SEROFF 01-06-2003 09:57 PM

Start with the negative feed back for sure. Then a nice letter to the dealership certified /return receipt. Get the paper trail started.
A dealer is responsible for that vehicle even if no warranty is implied. Demand your money back. Then threaten a lawsuit. I dont know about consumer fraud, but if you do and win , its triple damages. Did you check out the vehicles history on CARFAX?
How many miles and how old is the vehicle.

I bought a truck on E BAY too. It only had 4,000 miles on it and it seemed clean, but something tells me that it sustained some kind of water damage. But I cant prove it. I still have the truck and havent had any problems, but Im still a little uncomfortable.

MY ADVISE...TO ALL.... BEWARE of these dealers selling vehicles on EBAY. If you dont feel good about the deal once you've checked it out, back out. Your reason is that the vehicle was not as described in the auction ad. I should have backed out , but I didnt.