Notices

LOTO New no wake zone

Old 01-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bige wrote:
"you see a 40'+ Searay, Carver, etc. with some old idiot driving it"

HEY! I think you're talking about me!
But you're right. A 3 ft. wake crashes on someones dock, they look up and see a 38 Cig going by at 60mph. They blame it on the Cig because it's loud, fast, and flashy. That nice white 400 Sea Ray that plowed by at 20mph a few minutes earlier couldn't possibly be the cause.

The WP was supposed to review the existing No Wake Zone this year before they renewed the permit. Anyone heard if they did it yet?

Gary
Old 01-08-2003, 09:09 AM
rick32

Hmmmmmmmm to the Newport Breakwater is a 30 minute idle....... there and back.....

Rick32:uppy:

Old 01-08-2003, 09:14 AM
Big E

Wink SORRY GARY

Gary - I may have been a bit too harsh on the drivers of the cruisers, the fact is I'm jealous, I would like to have one also, and I would probably be the same way you are if I was lucky enough to have one. I hated you guys when I had my 25 ft Baja, now I have a 29 ft Baja and I just blow past you guys. But the cruisers are nice. Eric

Hey Gary - also the wife and I used to spend a lot of time in Porto Cima cove up by the new bridge, I am assuming that they are closing that cove this year for the new marina, have you heard where everyone will go to tie off now, besides party cove?

Last edited by Big E; 01-08-2003 at 09:17 AM.

Old 01-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Waterfoul

I can see your points of course. But, you don't really have it that bad. I'll bet the guys who boat the Chain Of Lakes in Illinios would agree with me. As would the OSO members in Florida's Manatee Zones (and other ICW boaters that have to deal with the no-wake zones) .

Welcome to our world.[/COLO
kitten

F L[/COLOR]
Old 01-08-2003, 10:20 AM
Registered

bige
No offence taken. I get a kick out of the Sea Rays that cant quite get on plane too. Good engineering there, Sea Ray!

I didn't hear about Porto Cima Cove being closed to anchoring. The marina is fairly far back and I would think you coudls still anchor towards the golf course. My other places are the Girl Scout cove and the one next to it on the GG arm.
There is also a good cove across from BWJ at the 19MM. Although none of those are No Wake coves.
Gary
Old 01-08-2003, 10:33 AM
Big E

Gary - where is girl scout cove? The cove you are talking about across from BWJ is that the one that shows the opposite side of Porto Cima? I just assumed that they were going to close Porto Cima because of the marina, maybe not. Where do you stay at down there? We have a condo at Heron Bay. Eric

Old 01-08-2003, 10:53 AM
Registered

Girl Scout Cove is about a mile up the GG arm frm the bridge. Look to your left after Robins Resort and the new condos on the point. There are 2 coves that are almost completely surrounded by woods. You will usually see quite a few cruisers anchored in there on weekends.

The other cove at 19MM is fairly close to the point, across from Compass Point. It's smaller and quieter than Girl Scout Cove.

I stay where ever I drop my anchor, but I keep the boat at Yacht Club Marina (21 1/2MM) just past Shooters. I also park the boat at a freinds house in a finger of that same cove on most weekends.
Gary
Old 01-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Big E

You are pretty close to us, we are at the 201/2 mile marker just on the other side of Shooters. I will have to try out girl scout cove this spring, I think I know where you are talking about, it is on the same side of the Grand Glaze Bridge as party cove, but instead of turning right after your idle and heading to party cove, you turn left. Right?? Maybe I will see you there. I have a 1999 Baja 29 Outlaw with yellow, black and purple graphics, with the name "Dock Holiday" on the back. Thanks - Eric

Last edited by Big E; 01-08-2003 at 11:42 AM.

Old 01-08-2003, 01:24 PM
Registered

You found it. See you in the spring.
Gary
Old 01-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Gary- see i'm not the only person that has slipped up and called you "old". LOL! we need to hook up in SoBe for a cocktail, whatcha think?

Eric- i think i saw your boat traveling south on I-55 last year. is it a single motor 29'. i think it was being towed by a white reg. cab 2500HD. i flew past it on my way to the lake on a fri. or sat. afternoon.

chad

Quick Reply: LOTO New no wake zone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.