Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   San Diego Boat Show - Is it worth it this weekend or should I play golf? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40660-san-diego-boat-show-worth-weekend-should-i-play-golf.html)

Uncle Toys 01-09-2003 01:45 PM

San Diego Boat Show - Is it worth it this weekend or should I play golf?

Just got the call from my wife telling me she's blowing town to visit a friend this weekend - so I've got a hall-pass:cool: :cool:

Noticed the San Diego Boat Show is this weekend. Never gone and wondering if it's worth the drive. Any opinions?

Or.... I could play golf....or.... I could go into the office and get caught up.... or.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

thisistank 01-09-2003 01:52 PM

or..........you can see whats up with boating this weekend......You missed a good time last weekend.

Get ready for Havasu in April brother!:D :D :D

IDRPSTF 01-09-2003 02:07 PM

Save the money and I'll help you with the boat show experiance in the comforts of your own home.
First- Set up a head lamp and get a good annoying sweat going.
Second-Open up a bunch of boating mags containing the same sh%$#t you have been looking at for the past five years
Third- I'll call you every five minutes and bug you about sh%$#t you really dont want to buy.
Third- I'll have my friends in th credit department call you every three minutes about Re-finnancing your boat.
Finnally- Turn your T.V. up real loud on a station you cant stand to get the feel of all the other salespitches going on around you.

Oh yeah, make sure you are sweltering in the closet the entire time to get that, small space being pushed around on a dock all day feel.

Your welcome

OldSchool 01-09-2003 03:03 PM

I say hit the links and go to Miami next month:D :D :D

Uncle Toys 01-09-2003 03:28 PM

IDRPSTF - I believe your describing all boat shows. Knowing that I am sick enough to go to as many as I can each year, I'm just wondering if this one has any of the typical stuff. Don't want to show up at a blow-boat show :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey, maybe I should go to a private boat show at say, DSM?

Douggie Fresh 01-09-2003 06:23 PM

Toys, You DAP!!!!! You don't go to a BOAT SHOW or GOLFING when you get a hall pass. :eek:

Fresh

Von Bongo 01-09-2003 06:26 PM

I went last year.

1 performance boat: Donzi 33zx.

That's it.

Lots of other boats.

overbored 01-09-2003 07:10 PM

I AM GOING

Uncle Toys 01-09-2003 07:20 PM

Originally posted by Douggie Fresh
Toys, You DAP!!!!! You don't go to a BOAT SHOW or GOLFING when you get a hall pass. :eek:

Fresh

Fresh - LMAO. But seriously, I am only a dark side emeritus :(

Uncle Toys 01-09-2003 07:26 PM

Originally posted by Too Old
[B]I don't care how bad it is. It's got to be better than golfing.:D :D :D
Too Old, your blowing my cover. That was a cleverly disguised attempt to get someone in SoCal to invite me to join them at their club this weekend. ;)

Von Bongo - Thanks, glad to see someone can respond seriously to a request. :D :D