Jersey Boyz meeting report

Notices

Jersey Boyz meeting report

Old 12-21-2002, 06:35 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jersey Boyz meeting report

It was a busy day at Crabby's. Most people were there early and we had 72 racers in all that represented about 30 race teams from CT, NY, NJ, PA, and MD.

Everyone was very enthusiastic and had a very positive outlook toward the OPA NE race series. Even these guys.

OPA announced their 2003 schedule.

May 31 - June 1 Brick NJ

June 21 - 22 Seaside Heights NJ

July 19 - 20 Altantic City NJ

Aug 14 - 15 Point Pleasant Beach NJ

Sept 6 - 7 Liberty State Park NJ

Sept 20 - 21 TBA

The Atlantic city race is a new addition to the schedule for this year. This race is hosted and sponsored by the City of Atlantic City.

Special thanks to Mr Ted Zoli, President of APBA for coming to the meeting to show his support for this series. Every racer in attendance was encouraged by OPA to race other national or divisional APBA and SBI races. The Jersey Boyz have already stated than they are running in the Key West Worlds and Ted has allowed racing in an OPA race to qualify a racer to run in Key West with APBA. Now that is progress, the most I've seen in a long time. Once again, thanks Ted, it really made a difference that you took the time to come all the way to NJ for this meeting.

You can see a few more photos from the day at http://njoffshore.homestead.com/JerseyBoyz2.html

Last edited by Ron P; 12-22-2002 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-21-2002, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I second the above. I also think the presentations by the leaders
were excellent, the input and discussions were excellent, and the food provided by Crabbie's was awesome. Worth the 340 mile round trip! Come on spring!!

raynman
P5 Racer

Last edited by raynman; 12-21-2002 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-21-2002, 08:00 PM
Registered

Question hey guys

This is just a thought I had while driving home.

If we had a big turn out of boats, how would you feel about
P single and P twin classes? it might get complicated but I think that it would only apply to P-4 and P-5.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:30 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

It was great to see everyone again and meet some of the new racers as well.

Another thought on the prize $$$ if you were to have it.
What if the entry fee money was solely the award money, and whatever the number of boats turns out for your class, that money stays in that class? $100 per boat X 10 boats = $1,000 1st place $600 2nd $300 3rd $100. Let the sponsors pick up the important stuff such as Helicopters, Insurance etc. Afterall, those expenses usually need to be paid up front. I can't see relying on entry fee money for those items. If your sponsor is picking up the tab for those items, then you know positively there will be a race. If only a few boats show, then you only have less of a purse to run for...
Just my .02!

Did I understand correctly? If you're a registered boat with SBI you did not have to register the equipment with OPA? But if you ran APBA you would also have to register the equipment with OPA to run an OPA race due to a different Insurance Policy?
Please correct me if I heard wrong...

As I understood it...OPA is now it's own individual sanctioning body with it's own insurance carrier. So why not all boats have to register with OPA if they wanted to race OPA? Or is OPA & SBI sharing the same policy somehow?

Sort of got lost on that one when Ted was asking about that...

Was glad to see everyone making an effort to race wherever they wanted to race without the discrimination. It can only help the sport.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 12-22-2002, 09:51 AM
snglestack

Question Re: Jersey Boyz meeting report

Originally posted by Ron P
It was a busy day at Crabby's. Most people were there early and we had 72 racers in all that represented about 30 race teams from CT, NY, NJ, PA, and MD.

Everyone was very enthusiastic and had a very positive outlook toward the OPA NE race series. Even these guys.

OPA announced their 2003 schedule.

May 31 - June 1 Brick NJ

June 21 - 22 Seaside Heights NJ

Aug 14 - 15 Altantic City NJ

Sept 6 - 7 Liberty State Park NJ

Sept 20 - 21 TBA

The Atlantic city race is a new addition to the schedule for this year. This race is hosted and sponsored by the City of Atlantic City.

Special thanks to Mr Ted Zoli, President of APBA for coming to the meeting to show his support for this series. Every racer in attendance was encouraged by OPA to race other national or divisional APBA and SBI races. The Jersey Boyz have already stated than they are running in the Key West Worlds and Ted has allowed racing in an OPA race to qualify a racer to run in Key West with APBA. Now that is progress, the most I've seen in a long time. Once again, thanks Ted, it really made a difference that you took the time to come all the way to NJ for this meeting.

You can see a few more photos from the day at http://njoffshore.homestead.com/JerseyBoyz2.html

Old 12-22-2002, 10:05 AM
Registered

Snglestack....

Is there any reason why you posted something that was already there? or did you plan on posting a reply?

by the way...were you at the meeting? if you were, why didnt you introduce yourself. We were eager to meet you..
Old 12-22-2002, 10:13 AM
Smittymarine

Hey Bruce, Some people forget how to speek unless they have a Key board in front of them.

Old 12-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Registered

I guess so...

Good morning...my brother
what do you think about my suggestion with regards to P single/twin classe?
Old 12-22-2002, 11:55 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Sharkey, your correct. OPA, is sharing the SBI sanction for insurance purposes, so by registering your equipment with OPA your covered for SBI. If you run an APBA race you will need to pay thier equipment registration fees.

In Key West, it don't matter because that's the begining of the new season so all registrations need to be renewed.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:55 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Ron!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: Jersey Boyz meeting report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.