Notices

OT: Back in my day

Old 01-14-2003, 12:45 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by srobak
Bottle rocket fights.
Yup again!!!

We used to have so much fun as kids. Never a dull moment!! Can't get many good stories from 4 hours of video games a day!!!! Not that I don't like video games because I do, but not as a part time job like some kids do.

gmhdfn, HAHAHAHAAAAAA.......great stuff man!! Good trip down memeory lane, although your stuff is a little before my time

Anything with wheels or mud.....that was our M.O.

Then there was the "Hot Wheels City" I used to play on. Who else used baby powder for snow on their HOt Wheels City??!!!!!

Old 01-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man this post is fun, keeps bringing back memories I had long since forgotten. As I stated earlier I wouldn't take away the conveniences we have now, but it's the simple truth that todays "kids" aren't expected to use their imagination as we had to. Now it's what video do I want to play.

Let's see what did I used to do as a kid. I can think of a couple.

1. Build forts (already established)

2. BB gun fights (also established)

3. pellet gun fights (graduated to the big ammo, got very creative at hiding)

4. Rock fights (pre BB gun. Hhhmmm, seeing not such a good trend here.)

5. Ride your bike (EVERY WHERE) talk about being in good shape.

6. Tons of physical activities (skiing, wrestling, rugby, motocross, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, etc)

7. Summer camps with real activities like building real tomahawks with rocks and wood . And raiding the girls camp

8. And like Allan4 said "Anything with wheels or mud". Mud was like a magnet, didn't matter what you had to play in it with, it all worked, even if it was your good school clothes .

9. Oh and one I nearly forgot that was one of my favorites. "King-of-the-hill". I don't mean sissy king of the hill, I mean "KING-OF-THE-HILL". never failed some one ended up going home with a broken something. In Aspen where I grew up, they would plow the playgrounds but leave these massive (atleast to a 9 yo) mounds and we would head right for them bypassing the playground equipment, and have our wars every break. Heck some of us wouldn't leave the school grounds after the day was out .

Wow looking back at this maybe the video game isn't so bad for my 7 year old. .

Les
Old 01-14-2003, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please don’t smack me cuz pay back may hurt you more than it will hurt me. Remember like my dad says I’m a teen so I know it all. Thanks for the protection IDRPSTF but I am a few years over 13
Its not protection for you! I only live 30 minutes from Temecula and I dont want you and your Asprin chomping friends having a High Scool Meltdown over something I said on the internet and showing up at my door with your long black coats and guns. Buy the way...So your not 13? Are you 5 years older than 13???

Just kidding, Stay In School, Stay off Drugs, Boys are bad news!!!
Old 01-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Allan4
I spent my TV time watching the Duke Boys,
To bad it hasnt been on lately
Old 01-14-2003, 02:55 PM
Registered

Originally posted by little princess
All of my outfets I wouldn't be ashamed at all to wear infront of any of ny grand parents.
Outfits.

I thought the same thing. Who would have guessed that grandma would get mad at a Cigarette (boats) shirt??
Old 01-14-2003, 02:57 PM
Registered

Originally posted by little princess
Jim I think your blue suit white leather shoes and belt sound like something like my friend wor to prom last year
Prom Freshman year i wore a red marina tee shirt with a hole byt the collar and blue jeans. People thought i was joking around, I didnt know it was formal!!!
Old 01-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Niuhi
Speaking of building forts, how many of you also had BB gun fights.

Les

We did that 2 weeks ago!!! 1200fps gun, 8 feet away, leaving a welt bigger than a quarter!!!! What else is fun, get a golf tee, spray the end with gasoline, put it in the end of the gun and light it and shoot at the neighbors riced out jetta!

As for bottle rocket fights, havent had any of those in to long of a time.... We would throw in 50 packs of fireworks and put them in the bonfire, i guess it turns in to a type of russian roulette.

Well, now us teens have explained it all, time for you all to explain to us about Packin Air.
Old 01-14-2003, 04:59 PM
Registered

IDRPSTF Temecula is one of the cleaner towns in the valley (btw five is right). to the rest of ya barely anyone uses BB guns anymore they all go for the paint ball guns and king of the hill is still popular with the kids in middle school. The most destructive thing that my friends do is seran wrap some random persons car
Old 01-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Registered

What old schoolk bands did you guys listen to back in the 1900's
Old 01-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in the 1900's
Now I feel Old!!!

Quick Reply: OT: Back in my day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.