tax cuts by Neil Cavuto, Fox News >

tax cuts by Neil Cavuto, Fox News

Notices

tax cuts by Neil Cavuto, Fox News

Old 01-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve1,

Enlightening and depressing at the same time..
Old 01-10-2003, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve 1 “Ignorance is bliss” Now where is that cliff??? I knew it was bad, but reading it in print is very depressing.

Philip
Old 01-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Allan4

Steve, where did you find that??

When I used to do my own payroll, I remember it costing me about ( a few years back, not exactly sure on this but it is close)
$56 a week to pay a worker $8/hr for a 40 hour week. Came out to be $56 and some change on $320. The total includes FICA, BWC and payroll. If you pay 5 guys that is $280/week out of your pocket.....just so you can PAY THEM!!!!

One you forgot to mention Steve. You know how the goverment claims they are "for" small businesses. What about the so called "self employment tax"? You are taxed for paying yourself @7.5% payroll tax, then you are taxed for getting paid @7.5% payroll tax. Example, if Steve is my foreman and I pay him, each check I cut, it costs him 7.5% and me 7.5%(only a portion of the total cost). If I pay myself, I absorb both taxes..........See why 90% of businesses fail in there first 2 years, among other reasons ofcourse. Remember that next time your boss gripes about taxes........

I spent almost as much time on goverment paper work as I did on my business issues paperwork. It's a joke, until you run a business, you don't see as much of this screwjob.

One more reason to vote REPUBLICAN

Old 01-10-2003, 11:13 PM
Tom
Registered

Originally posted by Steve 1
Washington Times National Weekly Edition,
Steve,
Great post. Only thing that bothers me is that all of the sources are the same paper. You know how I don't trust the Government or the press

Why don't we all pressure the government into either a flat tax or national sales tax with no loopholes? It would be great to see exactly how it would affect everybody and it would be hard to argue against it if it was so clear.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Flat tax. I'm in.
Old 01-11-2003, 02:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Allen that gets added to the Pile.
Old 01-11-2003, 02:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry I missed some !

20) Kopecki, Dawn. "'Gore tax' is too costly, Senators tell the FCC." Washington Times National Weekly Edition, June 15-21, 1998.

21) Pierce, Greg. "Inside Politics: Gore's Reply." Washington Times National Weekly Edition, April 27-May 3, 1998.

22) Notice sent by Bell Atlantic Phone Company, received on January 7, 1998.

23) Pierce, Greg. "Inside Politics: Doesn't get it." Washington Times National Weekly Edition, December 15-21, 1997.

24) Lambro, Donald. "A big lie about our 'small' government." Washington Times National Weekly Edition, February 16-22, 1998.

25) Americans for Tax Reform: Tax Bites

26) Cato Institute Policy Analysis No. 302, by Dean Stansel

27) The Heritage Foundation: Corporate Expatriation Protects American Jobs, by Daniel Mitchell, Ph. D. Executive memorandum # 829, August 29. 2002.

28) Resources: Joint Committee on Taxation, February 27, 2001, JCX-2-01

29)Joint Committee on Taxation, August 2, 2001, JCX-65-01
Old 01-11-2003, 08:33 AM
riskybusiness

Geez Louize, Steve, 'you like to type, or what?

But seriously--some interesting points.

I wrote this in reply to a similar thread a couple of weeks ago, and it still applies:

(Post #12)

That "the richest 1%" B.S. has burned my *ss since it started. It is literally lying with statistics (ever heard that phrase?---'happens every day)

Whenever I discuss the issue, particularly with a liberal Democrat who loves to spend my money, is by pointing out that, if there is a 5% tax cut across the board, dollar for dollar, who will save more money---me or Bill Gates?

Of course, Bill Gates would, but that is because he paid in $20 billion in taxes, and I didn't. He deserves to keep more, because he pays more. Why should I villianize him? He pays more in taxes than the next 50 generations of my family will ever make in their lifetimes. I want my tax break, but in fairness, he should get his at an equal percentage.

I use Gates as an example, because I respect him for his accomplishments (for the most part).

Unfortunately, too many abusers in this country have realized that it is easier to ride in the wagon than to pull it.

Before long, there will be more riding in it than pulling it.

And for those of us who choose to pull it, we carry the weight of all the others.

Old 01-11-2003, 10:25 AM
Allan4

In my opinion, I think the poor should, instead of gripping about the rich, should be thanking them for paying the frieght. The money makers keep the big goverment machine oiled up. That enables the government to spend big $$ on things that are basically illogical, usually directly benefiting these same people who spend there lives red faced at the rich and trying to justify why they are the ones who should pay the bills. I'd like to thank the folks that are making more $$ than me and therefor getting screwed worse than I am.

Flat Tax, no doubt. If you or I ran our businesses like the govermant runs theirs, we would be out of business in 6 months. That is a pure fact.

Old 01-11-2003, 01:46 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Our forefathers are spinning in their graves.
1998 232 Islander 7.4 (got the 25 OL)
Tow Rig
04 Excursion EB PSD 4x4 6" lift 35's
MY PICS: http://community.webshots.com/user/skygod73

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.