Like Tree0Likes

tax cuts by Neil Cavuto, Fox News

Old 01-11-2003, 03:36 PM
liquidlocomotive

ya but catmado thinks it that we need to elect more democracts to increase the taxes so he will never have to work and the government will just give him a boat and truck and house. After all isnt that the american dream. So how do you explain this to people with that mind set. The utopian bull**** they beleive in is a nothing more than dope induced fog.

Old 01-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Registered

My Boats: boats boats boats etc.

We need a state to call our home. A place that liberals could not enter and suck up our tax money. Imagine what would happen if all the doers left.....
Old 01-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1991 F311SR1

How about we make this place real. We section off a parcel of land and not allow pro-tax bastages to enter. Then we go thru and find any pro-tax b's that are already in it and we kick them out. Then we elect a reasonable person to manage and run the government of it exactly as the existing constitution spells it out...

How bout we section off the EXACT parcel of land that coincides with the borders of the USA. How bout we take it over and call it the USA.

How bout we do this and enforce the same rules and policies that were in place in 1776.
Old 01-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Allan4

Because...........THEN that would be unfair. You know, the less motivated people in the country DESERVE the things that a higher income produces as well..........yeah right, lunacy at it's finest.

The American dream is sitting on your lazy tush and letting the top 5% pay half of the bills. It's not cool to actually earn the benefits in your life, they now should be given to you because someone else has put in 80 hour weeks, and THAT folks, is what is now considered fair........it baffles the resonable among us

So......what if the doer's left.......hhhmmmmmmm, good point!!

Old 01-12-2003, 11:57 AM
Registered

My Boats: boats boats boats etc.

If only we could take it back, a constitutional government.... How smart where the founding fathers? I think they had wisdom far beyond our years....
Old 01-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Allan4

Without question, great point. My Dad always said that...."some real smart cookies founded this country". He gripes about this stuff more than I do!!

Old 01-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, wisdom PLUS they were tired of big government trying to micro-manage things that were not suited to a central government to do...
Old 01-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1998 saber 28

Quote:
Originally posted by Allan4
Because...........THEN that would be unfair. You know, the less motivated people in the country DESERVE the things that a higher income produces as well..........yeah right, lunacy at it's finest.

The American dream is sitting on your lazy tush and letting the top 5% pay half of the bills. It's not cool to actually earn the benefits in your life, they now should be given to you because someone else has put in 80 hour weeks, and THAT folks, is what is now considered fair........it baffles the resonable among us

So......what if the doer's left.......hhhmmmmmmm, good point!!
what makes you so sure that the lower income folks are less motivated?maybe some are, but i'm sure there are some wealthy people are not too motivated and live off inheritence, etc.

people who come from money have advantages over the rest, as the saying goes "it takes money to make money"

i read a statisic that said most wealthy people were born into money and very few people are "self made" wealthy people. i'm sure some might think they hit a triple, but if you were born on second how hard have you worked?

cat, i'll need back-up
Old 01-12-2003, 02:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Go ahead and set up the hotline to Cat. Nothing you can say will make it more "fair" for the first $50 grand to be taxed less than the second $50 grand and the third $50 grand to be taxed higher again.

If you are going to start whining about how unfortunate unlucky souls don't get any help to try to "make it", I'm not going to argue about that at all. I'm arguing about the escalating tax brackets.

If you have government programs, then you need to fund them. This requires "X" amount of money. Period. This means that you must get this money from taxes. Period.

The escalating tax bracket system is NOT FAIR. To you, to me, to anybody (even the poor unfortunate ones).

If you use a flat tax system then you have parity and FAIRNESS. If individuals need special needs addressed by special programs, then THAT is what the special programs are FOR.

Don't combine unfair tax collection WITH special programs.

Flat tax. Fair.
Individuals with special needs. Programs for them. Fair.

Argue with THAT.
Do you TRULY disagree?
Do you truly feel that Bill Gates should pay 38% of his income while most families with less than $40k income pay around 4%?
If so, WHY?
Old 01-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Slippery when wet!

28 I hate to Butt in!
I do firmly believe if all the wealth were divided equally the ones that have it now would end up with a good portion of it back in 5 years!

And taking someone’s Inheritance thru taxation is Bull****. Even in the case of No Will it is up to the Party’s involved Period! The State!!!!The Government!!!!! Taking hard-earned taxed Money??

That’s the problem the Government is infested with People who can not …MAKE IT… in the private sector.

Here a Short Story;
A Liberal comes to TooOlds town and starts making Hamburgers but they are Horrible and with the Pay-Offs to the Health inspector the savings from the cheap Cuban Beef are gone So what does he do ????

He finds the liberal Governor and they work to place a Tax on TooOld for making The Good Hamburgers in the interest of leveling the field.

Mr. Liberal then goes and has a law passed making it a hate crime to call his Burgers Lousy!

At the same time they pass a law requiring everyone to make the same crappy Hamburger saying it is better for the environment or old people school kids or some bullcrap like that.

It’s about the word CONTROL but they use the word liberal.