Notices

Boat Pix

Old 01-13-2003, 11:07 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Pix

I went to their website and filled out the form, without credit card info. They said they will send you pics without payment, for review. You'll obviously have to cough up if you want to keep any of them.
I do understand, andreward hard work. (I wish my customers could understand it)
I wouldn't steal their efforts. But there is a point where the cost is too great.

I'll let everyone know how the pix turn out when I get them..
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 01-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They sent me eight 8x10's. I bought the two best ones and returned the rest. $100 apiece but I'm happy with the quality.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Usually when i think of Freeze Frame, I think of Video, but this shot rocks... Was Daytona a few years back on the 2nd lap. Interesting enough the Reindl "batboat" started a min or so behind the F1 fleet. The bats flew by them all, showing off their rough water domination. May I remind you we carry 315 hp to their 500+, and that Pantera is one good rough water boat.

Notice how level the Ocke Mannerfelt Design stays when in rough 7+ footers.

www.h2operformance.com/offshore/reindl
Attached Thumbnails Boat Pix-freeze-frame-daytona-01-blue-flying.jpg  
Old 01-13-2003, 01:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I got a few pics from them and they came out great. no complaints here.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:07 PM
Registered

Scanner, what scanner?
Old 01-13-2003, 04:32 PM
Registered

I purchased the package deal that ends up giving you a discount. The pictures were good, but not great. I’d like to scan them in so that I can e-mail them to my friends or post them on OSO. Has anybody done this? They seem very hard-core about copyright infringements.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:21 PM
ROUGHSTUFF

I have two hanging on the wall from Boat.pix, a 20x24, and a 8x10. The package was $156 for 2 8X10 and a 20x24 and both well worth it. I just hope when I get the new boat I get an opportunity to purchase again! I am very satisfied with Boat.pix

Old 01-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim,

I purchased pictures taken of my boat from BoatPix.com and the process went as they explained. I filled out the form with the information that they requested but you do not have to give them your credit card #. A few weeks later I received a cylinder from the postal service that I had to sign for. In the cylinder there were 3-8x10 and 1-16x20 pictures. At this time I had 10 days from the time of signed receipt to decide if I wanted to purchase them individually or as a package. If I wanted to return them I simply had to package them back up and return them by a traceable carrier. The price of the 8x10’s are $100 a piece and the 16x20 is $250. They offer package price discounts that drop these prices down. There are also several other picture sizes and items that you can purchase.
There are several payment options and you can choose after you view your pictures.

I’m no different then anyone else and want to pay the least I can for things. I may not ever have the chance to have a picture like this of my boat that was taken from a helicopter so I decided to buy. I thought about all of the cost that was associated with taking these pictures and can understand that they are a business and need money to operate or there would have been no pictures for me to buy. The cost of the helicopter, pilot, photographer, camera,film,developing,office,worker,postage, and logistics to name just a few of the cost they have involved and you don’t have to buy a thing if you don’t like the pictures.

If you read the terms and conditions and copyright notice and accept them I would not follow the advise of others above and simply copy them and return them. If they are good enough to copy you must have liked something about them so spend some money and keep the copter flying so the next guy has a chance to get a photo of his /her boat.

I found them very easy to work with and if you ask you just might receive and I’ll leave it at that.

Now I also had a friend that was out at the same time as me. He followed the same process and when he received the pictures one was damaged and he just didn’t like the angle or the timing of when the pictures were taken. He forgot to un-tie the anchor and couldn’t get no air! (Little Joke). He sent them back and that was that.

On their web site did you click on the gallery?
http://boatpix.com/

Cordell
Old 01-14-2003, 07:09 AM
jb
Registered

usually for us regular guys they are "once in a lifetime" shots.
If you like them buck up for what you like the most. Its a shot you will always display and have forever. Expesive..yes. But how often is there a helicopter above you taking pictures like your a supermodel on a beach with no top.
I have friends with offshore boats and cruisers. One of the guys with a 36 mianship got some really incredible shots of him from the air....bought em because when the hell is he going to get that opportunity again and they were very nice quality.
Good luck...let us know what you do...
jb
Old 01-14-2003, 07:15 AM
Registered

What bothered me was I could not post them on the internet even giving them credit for the shot!

Quick Reply: Boat Pix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.