Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat Pix (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/40895-boat-pix.html)

Tim G. 01-13-2003 08:07 AM

Boat Pix

Anyone ever "purchased" from boatpix.com? Their copter came along side this saturday when we were running in the Atlantic south of Boca, north of Hillsboro inlet.
Their website isn't very good. Then they want your lovely credit card number...hmmmm.

29 OUTLAW 01-13-2003 08:21 AM

I got them to send me the pictures so I could review them with the option to buy. They looked great but decided not to buy cause they were very expensive. I sent them back and was never billed so I have no issues with them. I imagine if you got them to send you the pictures to review you could easily take them down to Walmart and scan them on the do-it-youself Kodak scanner that they have in all the Walmarts for $4.00 per print and then send the originals back to Boat Pix. Not that I would do that of coase since it would not be legal. ;)

Cignificant 01-13-2003 08:44 AM

As 29 said, VERY expensive. $250 for a good sized picture. I've always returned what they sent me due to the price...

Bayley 01-13-2003 08:44 AM

Tim, I've had good experiences with them.

Check your e-mail.

kr1276 01-13-2003 09:03 AM

I purchased from them and actually had one of the pics damaged in the carton. They had me send it back and replaced it. They are expensive but good quality.

SteveS 01-13-2003 09:14 AM

Good pictures, no problems, but their prices are a little high.

kitten 01-13-2003 09:56 AM

Nice pics

We purchased ours, too easy!!:D

Reindl Powerboats 01-13-2003 10:02 AM

They do good work, but everything we have we either shot ourselves, or had Tom Newby take for us. He is the best, hands down. We did just receive a few killer shots from Fernando Escovar, which we will most likely buy due to the great prices.

$250 for a Pic??? I guess it would depend on how great the shot was, certainly there are more expensive PICS, and helicopters are not cheap either.

Reindl Powerboats 01-13-2003 10:06 AM

yea, and anyone who sends you a PIC without payment first is very easy to work with (all of the above mentioned are).

Please do not take advantege of their hard work by copying the PICS on your own.

Otherwise when you step up to that killer boat with incredible graphics, and launch off a 8 footer into the air - they wil not be around to shoot it.

obnoxus 01-13-2003 10:56 AM

I had the pics sent to me,, they were damaged and very poor quality,, lots of shadows,,, being in a helicopter they should have been able to position the light better,,,,, I would have bought them in better condition and quality,,, they caught me just as I was coming off the crest of a wave, I wish it was better :-(