Notices

Boat Pix

Old 01-13-2003, 08:07 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Boat Pix

Anyone ever "purchased" from boatpix.com? Their copter came along side this saturday when we were running in the Atlantic south of Boca, north of Hillsboro inlet.
Their website isn't very good. Then they want your lovely credit card number...hmmmm.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 01-13-2003, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got them to send me the pictures so I could review them with the option to buy. They looked great but decided not to buy cause they were very expensive. I sent them back and was never billed so I have no issues with them. I imagine if you got them to send you the pictures to review you could easily take them down to Walmart and scan them on the do-it-youself Kodak scanner that they have in all the Walmarts for $4.00 per print and then send the originals back to Boat Pix. Not that I would do that of coase since it would not be legal.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:44 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As 29 said, VERY expensive. $250 for a good sized picture. I've always returned what they sent me due to the price...
Old 01-13-2003, 08:44 AM
Bayley

Thumbs up

Tim, I've had good experiences with them.

Check your e-mail.

Old 01-13-2003, 09:03 AM
Registered

I purchased from them and actually had one of the pics damaged in the carton. They had me send it back and replaced it. They are expensive but good quality.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:14 AM
Registered

Good pictures, no problems, but their prices are a little high.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:56 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Nice pics

We purchased ours, too easy!!
Old 01-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

They do good work, but everything we have we either shot ourselves, or had Tom Newby take for us. He is the best, hands down. We did just receive a few killer shots from Fernando Escovar, which we will most likely buy due to the great prices.

$250 for a Pic??? I guess it would depend on how great the shot was, certainly there are more expensive PICS, and helicopters are not cheap either.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

yea, and anyone who sends you a PIC without payment first is very easy to work with (all of the above mentioned are).

Please do not take advantege of their hard work by copying the PICS on your own.

Otherwise when you step up to that killer boat with incredible graphics, and launch off a 8 footer into the air - they wil not be around to shoot it.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:56 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I had the pics sent to me,, they were damaged and very poor quality,, lots of shadows,,, being in a helicopter they should have been able to position the light better,,,,, I would have bought them in better condition and quality,,, they caught me just as I was coming off the crest of a wave, I wish it was better :-(

Quick Reply: Boat Pix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.