Notices

Cig Questions

Old 01-12-2003, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cig Questions

I,m new to this cigarette addiction,being a loyal Donzi owner for the last five years,but I seem to be getting the urge to blow some smoke in a Cigarette. Questions presently on my mind are ,1 What is the difference between a 35 Mistress,and a 35 Cafe racer?, 2 Should I be leary of TRS drives(only had Alphas and Bravos so far )And lastly, Where is a good source for used Cig price guides ? Thanks and Think Spring ,Rich
Old 01-12-2003, 02:51 PM
Registered

T.T.T.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out this thread
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...light=mistress

Just do a search and you will find all kinds of information about both.

Also Check out the thread Cigarette the Legend

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=36825

As far as prices go to
http://www3.nadaguides.com/

http://www.bucnet.com/

or you can try your local library for these books.
I have also went to my local bank and they let me look at the books in the lobby.

Cordell
Old 01-12-2003, 03:41 PM
Registered

I WOULD TRY TO FIND SOMETHING WITH BRAVO DRIVES. LET ME KNOW WHAT PRICE RANGE, WHAT YEARS, WHAT MODEL. I HAVE A FREIND WHO DEALS IN CIGARETTES, I COULD SEE WHAT HE HAS.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Registered

What is the downside of the TRS drives ,Are parts still available? or are they known to be unreliable ?
Old 01-12-2003, 07:24 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Just a little more info about TRS drives. They operate through a transmission, Bravos don't, They won't handle as much horsepower as the Bravos and parts harder to find and cost more.
I looked at a lot of boats when I was shopping and turned away from some really sharp lookers because of the drives.
Look up Cignificant, he has a 35 cafe. He can give you info about the Cafe.
Old 01-12-2003, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

35's changed names mid 1980's. again in late 90's, again early 2000's, again 2003

Mistress/Cafe Racer/Top Gun (Yes there are 35 Top Guns)/Playboy/Mistress

The main hang up with TRS is People to Compotently work on them and weight. Other than that they are not bad. They will lower resale. What price range are you in? Remember my ## when you Buy.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Rich...bored with that Donzi already??? I bought a Cafe Racer and sold the 28 last year and it's a great boat. The Mistress(or 35OS as they were called in 1987) is a windshield boat where the Cafe utilizes a molded-in faring. The styling is more contemporary than the Mistress, but I believe the hulls are the same.

As far as TRS drives go, part are still available and in my opinion, they are stronger than the Bravo, although they will bring the value of the boat down. Parts will soon be NLA, but I don't think you'll have a problem finding someone to work on them where we live.

If you have any questions regarding these boats or would like to take a look at mine(it is shrinkwrapped right now)...feel free to give me a ring. 516 455 1200.

BTW, we stayed overnight at Star Island this summer and had a great time there. The people were real nice and even sent us a Christmas card!

Sean
Old 01-13-2003, 08:03 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I can't address the reliability issues of Bravo vs TRS, but you'll find that a Cafe with Bravos leaves you a lot of space around the engines to work on them. Lots of room in front of the engines. I never have to use my tabs except in the rough stuff to fly level, so the boat is extremely well balanced. I can stay on plane at 17mph with no tabs. The transmissions for a TRS add more weight so the boats are more back-heavy (not necessarily a bad thing). Also, I can upgrade to XRs (or some other "hardened" Bravo look-alike) with minimum headaches.

As far as Cafe vs Mistress, I'd say look at both and make up your own mind.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:24 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

I don't think a notch was ever added to the Cafe Racer. Mine is a 1992 and it doesn't have one.

MC, my Cafe Racer is for sale and it has Bravo drives. Here is a link to it in case you haven't seen it before.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=27564

G

Quick Reply: Cig Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.