What's a good Digital Camera?? >

What's a good Digital Camera??

Notices

What's a good Digital Camera??

Old 01-14-2003, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What's a good Digital Camera??

I have been thinking about buying a digital camera for a while now, but I don't know very much about them. Can anyone help me out??

I have barrowed one before and it seemed easier to put the disk into the carrier and insert the carrier into the computer. Is this the best way?? Also it ran out of battery's real fast!!

I'll be taking pictures of Boats and trucks outside and of our 10 week old baby inside!!
Old 01-14-2003, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends what you want to spend,

Big thing is the number of megapixels, I would go with something that has at least 3.5 to 4 and you will will get quality pictures.

second thing to think about is how easy the camera is to use, which comes down to personal prefrence.

If you like the feel of a 35mmslr camera and want the ability to change lenses, digital cameras are available that will use lenses that fit film cameras.

For instance, Canon makes four slr digital cameras.

The Eos D-3O, D-60, Eos1D, And Eos1DS. All of these will use the same canon lenses as their 35mm slr film cameras.

The Eos D60 has 6megapixels and sells for about 2500.00, the EOS 1Ds has 11megapixels but sells for almost 8000.00.

Hope this helps
Old 01-14-2003, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Sony 2.1 megapix and it's been very good. Just make sure you buy a Lithium Battery for whatever you get. Regular batteries do not last long.

One camera which was recommended to me by a photographer that I know, was the Nikon Cool Pix? I think. Supposedly very good.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:04 AM
Registered

I did some research and ended up buying the Minolta Dimage 7i. It was more expensive than most, but it has a lot of features. Look for the amount of megapixels. The higher, the better. Mine has 5.0 megapixels. Also, look for something with optical zoom. Digital zoom is not nearly as good. The Dimage has a 7X optical zoom. I would strongly recommend against any camera that uses a 3 ½ inch floppy. You should get a camera with a USB interface. As long as your computer has a USB connection, all you have to do is plug it in. The camera’s flash card/micro drive shows up as another drive in Explorer. Also, the floppy is extremely limited in the number of pictures you can take. You can get flash cards/micro drivers that will hold hundreds of pictures, even at the higher bit rates. Some photo printers are made where you simply plug in the flash/micro. Hope this helps.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Registered

I just bought a new cannon 60 series dv cam corder that also takes digital pics on either the dv tape or on the media card. Its an awsome camera with lots of features plus its pretty user friendly. I paid about $650.00 for it I feel that its alot of camera for the money.
my.02
Old 01-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Cannon d6 is a bargin at $2200 if you can get one in stock and are looking for a SLR.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:32 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

I have an Olympus 2100 with a 10X OPTICAL zoom (380mm=35slr)and it still fallsa bit short when it comes to shooting off shore due to the distance the boats are offshore.

I am looking at the Nikon Coolpic-5700 that has a 8X optical and a teleconverter that takes it up to 420mm=35slr.

Do not buy into a salesman that tells you "But it has a DIGITAL zoom of XXX.. Digital zoom pixelates the photo. Just go by the OPTICAL .

The only reason I'm looking at the Nikon when I have the Olympus is the Olympus is 2.1 megapixel and the Nikon is 5.0 megapixel

The Olympus was $ 999.99 a year ago -now about $600 ...the Nikon Coolpix 5700 is $1200.

If you start looking at a digital with interchangeable lenses..you can expect to start at $2000 for just the body and $3000 for a good zoom

good luck
Old 01-14-2003, 11:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Optical zoom, like others already mentioned is very important. I have a Fuji 2800 that has a 6X optical zoom. It works good and was only $400.

Mine can go up to 2.1 mega pixels but I take most of my pictures at 1 mega pixel and they come out good.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Registered

Take a look at dpreview.com they have a lot of good info.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:58 AM
Registered

I bought a Canon Powershot G2 a few months back for $580. It is a 4 megapixel camera and takes great pics. I just returned from Hawaii and printed pics that have excellent color and clarity. I blew them up from 4x6 to 5x7 and they didnt lose a thing. The camera is a slr style body and has more features than I need now but can grow into later. I can even change lenses on it.

Quick Reply: What's a good Digital Camera??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.