Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best Cell phone Service??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41035-best-cell-phone-service.html)

Reindl Powerboats 01-14-2003 01:32 PM

Best Cell phone Service???

Has anyone used Nextel all over the country? We are with AT&T and the coverage is great, but sometimes the bills get into the thousands. Who has had luck with what?

JUSTONCE 01-14-2003 01:40 PM

I've had at&t=o.k. service, worst customer service.
verizon=good service, o.k. customer service.
cingular=bad service , o.k. customer service.
sprint p.c.s.=worst service , good customer service
if you find a good company let me know, thanks.
Martin.

THEJOKER 01-14-2003 02:01 PM

Cingular for years - never a problem w/ Nationwide service- no long distance charges - great service plans - BH

Reindl Powerboats 01-14-2003 02:18 PM

Martin,

I feel your pain. You would think somebody would get it down by now at a reasonable price.

Love Machine 01-14-2003 02:23 PM

I'm about to be hired by Nextel. So I say them!!! ha ha ha :)

I agree with "Just Once"'s list above.

HyperBaja 01-14-2003 02:26 PM

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
I've had at&t=o.k. service, worst customer service.
verizon=good service, o.k. customer service.
cingular=bad service , o.k. customer service.
sprint p.c.s.=worst service , good customer service
if you find a good company let me know, thanks.
Martin.

Depends on where you are for service with some, sprint sucks everywhere from columbus to michigan, cingular, is just a piece of plastic with a lcd screen (ie, dont expect to try calling someone) verizon is best service around here, had it since october and no dropped calls.

Hauling Trash 01-14-2003 02:37 PM

Verizon is the best

tunnelvision 01-14-2003 02:52 PM

travel w/work quite a bit. at&t seems to have the best coverage. hyperbaja was right, their cust. service has sucked the few times i've had to deal w/them. guess it really depends on your exact needs, but for actual coast-coast coverage trey seem to be best

Donzi38ZX 01-14-2003 03:00 PM

My company uses Nextel because of the 2-way feature. My wife or I have also had AT&T, Sprint, Ameritech(Cingular), and Cellular One(Verizon) and T-Mobile(VoiceStream). Other than the 2-way I do not care that much for Nextel, phones are bigger and batteries do not last as long. Sprint was terrible. AT&T was pretty good but expensive. My wife currently has T-Mobile with a V60 phone. Works very well everywhere we have tried, several US cities and much of France.

Steve

JUSTONCE 01-14-2003 03:04 PM

:hothead: :hothead: :hothead: :hothead: :hothead: CELL PHONES

I have gone through such hell with AT&T if I get into detail you wouldn't believe it, example:

phone broke under warranty, they told me they don't give loaners, it took me 2 weeks to get a new one and I had to pay $20.00 shipping. or I could buy a new phone, even though mine is under warranty.:hothead:

I spent three hours trying to taget through to someone at cust. service when I got misscharged 300.00 canadian roaming from phone calls placed in put-in-bay. After going through 3 people I finally spoke to the "manager" (whatever) and I told her that I wanted that months bill for free since I wasted half my day on hold and *****ing., THhan she tells me I'm trying to get something for free. So I threaten to change cell companies, she says fine and pay the termination fees and she laughed. I lost it :hothead: and asked If they give a chit about thier customers. The ladie says to me that if her bank makes a mistake the doesn't change banks. and that I have virtue issues. WHAT THE ****:hothead: :hothead:
sorry needed to vent If this stops one person from getting an at&t phone than i'll be happy:D