Notices

Saratoga Springs NY

Old 01-15-2003, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I was born and raised there. It is a beautiful place. Summers in Saratoga are unbelievable. Never a shortage of people or things to do. The lakes (Sacandaga, lake George, Champlain a little north and then the Hudson river). I still live in Saratoga county, but on Sacandaga Lake (by the way the lake is 29 miles long). If you have specific questions of any kind (jobs, housing etc..) let me know. I know most places and alot of people in Saratoga.
As far as the cost of storage it is very reasonable because there are many places that offer it. On Sacandaga there are quite a few State launches that are free and have great parking. Lake George is mostly private launches and you do have to pay for lauching, parking and a permit for using the lake. The Hudson has many launches, private and State which are again free.

Chris

Last edited by EvilTwin; 01-15-2003 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mnfastboat,

I asked if it was a printing company, thinking specifically it was Quad. They are a big employer in the area. I do know that the rank and file work shifts, the plant runs 24/7. Some things are less expensive than major metro areas, others more. There are a lot of smaller outlying towns that you could easily find to live in where the housing, taxes, and other associated expenses are far less and the commute VERY EASY! Let's put it this way...there is no traffic! Except for August of course. You will not find a more diverse area in terms of culture, history, scenery, activities and socioeconomics. In upstate, the wealthy and the working class all blend right in together and most times you would never who is who. It is really nice. Lake George is a bit expensive relatively speaking but it is"Queen Of American Lakes" for a good reason. There are thousands of smaller lakes and rivers to be explored and the Adirondack Park, is a 6 million acre park of public and private lands that contain some of the most awesome natural beauty of anywhere in The United States. There are 46 peaks that reach in excess of 5,000 feet and out here that is above the "tree line", otherwise known as Alpine Territory. Lake Placid is 1.5 hours to the north, site of the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympic Games, Gore Mountain, West Mountain, Vermont is 1 hour to the east, many French and Indian War Fortresses, caves and caverns to be explored, shopping, skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, biking, picnicing etc. etc. etc. Just call Otis311 and I and we will show you what it is really all about. Trust me, if you are like most, once you visit, you WILL NOT want to leave!

Shane
Old 01-15-2003, 08:38 AM
Registered

I would not store your boat at a marina. There are FAR too many places to visit with your boat that being locked into one place will be selling yourself short. SOme boating areas are:

Lake George
Sacandaga
Lake Champlain
Hudson River
Champlain Canal
1000 Islands
St. Lawrence River and Seaway
NYC
Long Island
etc. etc. etc.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:42 AM
Registered

Mnfastboat

I have been on Lake George for the last 25 years. It is one the best summer boating locations I can think of. Saratoga Springs is a great place to live. There is always something to do.

I work for a Industrial Sales and Supply Company. We do alot of business with Quad Graphics. The main guy we deal with is John Cairns. From what I gather it's a pretty good place to work. I believe their benefit's are pretty good too.

Brian
Old 01-15-2003, 08:44 AM
Registered

Brian,

You have a Donzi? What size? Do you live on LG?
Old 01-15-2003, 09:02 AM
Registered

Shane

Yes, I have two classic's. Orange and White X-18, and a Orange and White 16. Both are from 1973. I have a house on Assembley Point. I live in Scotia during the week and work in Cohoes.
Hey you wouldn't be the bank guy that drove for Nicky would you?

Brian
Old 01-15-2003, 09:05 AM
Registered

Brian,

Yes I drove for Nicky in 1996. I am not a banker, I used to be a retail stock broker, now I an institutional money manager. I live in Basin Bay and also have a home (during the week) in Niskayuna. Have we met?

Shane
Old 01-15-2003, 09:06 AM
Registered

He was also friends with another guy in the same business. I cannot remember his name off the top of my head but he did not drive for Nicky. He had a 25 Motion.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

R addition,

I have seen that boat on the lake. I can't remember if I saw it on Sand Island or not. Next time you come up let me know. If you are going to the track let me know, I can hook you up with a few things Down town Saratoga is crazy come summer time. I could bring your crew to a few "very private" summer parties that are held by the some of the racing families. Ladies with money!
Old 01-15-2003, 09:31 AM
Registered

Mnfastboat

The guy that sit's next to me at work, lives in a development right behind Quad Graphic's. He tell's me that the pay isn't good. But the benefit's are great. They have a day care center right at the facility, a huge gym that is never used. I don't know the policy on vaction and sick time, but I'm sure it's top notch.

Brian

Quick Reply: Saratoga Springs NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.