Notices
View Poll Results: Fender covers or not?
Bare naked fenders
53.92%
Fenders with soft covers
39.22%
No fenders
0%
Not that anal, couldn't care less
6.86%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Fender Covers or not?

Old 01-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

GO4BROKE has it nailed...my program exactly! The nice thick Polyform covers in black. Even your "clean" naked fenders will scuff gelcoat from friction (heat...rubber on plastic) w/ some wieght and or motion input! Againt a dock w/alot of rough chit coming in abeam, or certianly a risk when rafting. Those Polyforms have such a thick weave that on the rare occasion one does get ratted up w/splinters, high pressure garden hose gun around the top inside floods 95% of them out of the fabric. Try it, it works and sure beats trying to pick 'em all out if this happens! Don't like the Taylors (tux...too thin) or the sunbrella ones. Six seasons and you can't see where a fender has ever hung against my boat R. mopower's color coding bit is toooo cool The color doesn't come out of quality covers, they may leave a "dirty" spot on a vinyl rubrail insert from accumulated enviromental nasties...nothing Spray Nine won't handle in a hurry!

Last edited by Rippem; 01-16-2003 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:27 AM
Registered

Troutly, feel free to boat naked (and your lady too??)...you deserve it...we all do Just don't let that beautiful torch graphic on your 35' get scuffed! Go w/the polyform covers w/the drawstrings...trust me. By the way, thanks for your input and info about your boat...signed, shopping for 353 in N.Y.
Old 01-16-2003, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go4broke is right on.....but i just hate that f'n noise they make uncovered when i'm sleeping!
Old 01-16-2003, 07:06 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I try not to ever raft! and if I'm using my fenders its uaually in a slip and try to tie from all 4 corners to keep the boat from rubbing on the fenders much. If its that rough in the slip its time to get to the trailer!or find a better slip!
Old 01-16-2003, 07:28 AM
WickedWon

Covers stop alot of damage, especially on boats with darker colors, I've seen the edges of vinyl graphics lifted by vinyl to vinyl contact. The LEOPA boys on Lake Erie raft up five to six deep regularly, they know what works, covers are a club mandate and it works as does no shoes when stepping on anothers boat. JD

Old 01-16-2003, 07:58 AM
Registered

Of all the anal things I'm anal about the fender covers are the most acceptable. (what do you mean I need a coaster?)
Old 01-16-2003, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

I carry lots of fenders. Two are kind of stained and nasty (they are the "lock" fenders) but they are cleaned with 409 after use.

I have both white and black fenders, but prefer that if you use YOURS, that they be WHITE (So I can actually SEE if they are clean or not).
When I raft with the SeaRay, It traps diesel against the hullsides and will soot it up a bit. I use black over there and "know" they are dirty.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:35 AM
Registered

I have four, fat, solid-white, smooth-sided, naked fenders. Keep your "ribbed" fenders away from my boat!

Ya gotta love those newbees with the brand new, 30-foot Bajas that show up at party cove with no fenders. Or worse, "Walmart fenders" that are three inches in diameter.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Big Naked Fatty Fenders Baby!!!

Old 01-16-2003, 11:32 AM
Registered

Better yet...3" dia. fenders on clothsline w/the last 6" all frayed out and unraveled I like the ribbed, less roll (none w/covers on), and less contact surface @ any time. Those are ribbed, for my pleasure

Quick Reply: Fender Covers or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.