Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
O.t. Who Makes The Best BBQ ??? >

O.t. Who Makes The Best BBQ ???

Notices

O.t. Who Makes The Best BBQ ???

Old 01-16-2003, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hog Heaven, Washington NC!

And if you go during the week, you'll probably see Reggie there.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:20 AM
Eric1969

The answer is their is a place in Tuscaloosa, AL that is probably the biggest rat trap in the world. However, there is no place better for BBQ. It is a vinegar based BBQ. I have had BBQ in Omaha, Kansas City, and Texas. The hands down winner is in Tuscaloosa, AL. I can't remember the name, but if you have ever been to Tuscaloosa, you will know where I am speaking of.

This post can now stop here!!!

Old 01-16-2003, 08:24 AM
Registered

Peidmont North Carolina has the best. My favorite is Stamey's

2nd best is eastern NC. White Oak BBQ. Place in Garner SE of Raleigh is also excellent.

Georgia BBQ sucks!!!! Could never find anything close in the Northeast when I lived there and KC is good but NC is best!
Old 01-16-2003, 08:29 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Eric, the joint in Tuscaloosa,Al is called Dreamland and you are right,a rat hole with greatBBQ. The old man sold some franchises a few years ago but the new neat locations just aren't the same. Notice how many votes Alabama is getting from people not from Alabama?
Old 01-16-2003, 08:48 AM
liquid lounge

I moved from Texas to Kansas City in '86....had heard all the hoopla about KC barbeque and I must say it's true: KC is to barbeque what Buffalo is to hot wings, is what Philadelphia is to steak sandwiches, is what Baltimore is to blue crab....there is simply no place that has more choices for great barbeque on the planet! While my favorite BBQ joint changes from time to time, my current vote for best in the universe is Arthur Bryants.

Old 01-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Eric1969

Magic Float,

I don't know if it is Dreamland or not. I will confirm the name. If you haven't had BBQ in Alabama, don't vote.

The BBQ in Kansas City is a thicker sauce where in ' Bama country it is more of a vinegar base sauce.

There is a pretty good place around Athens called Fresh Air BBQ for Pachangalpina!! Try it sometime!

If you have all of your teeth, you can't make good BBQ:. p

Old 01-16-2003, 09:10 AM
liquid lounge

Forgot to add: Kansas City is also home to the grand pooba[sp?] of all BBQ cook-offs...The American Royal...the largest and most prestigeous cook-off of them all!

Old 01-16-2003, 10:36 AM
Registered

There is a place in North Carolina, Goldsboro to be exact. The absolut best I have ever had. Its name is Wilber's.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:51 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

In use to date a gal from K.C. and her folks always took me to Sneads and it was great and surprised that no one has mentioned the pulled pork with slaw sandwiches you find in Memphis. I will also not forget the food from CHILLIN&GRILLIN at the Galveston race in 1996 and Jack Carmody supplied all the meat!!!!! Nothing like great BBQ..Crown...Jack Daniels. Booby are you his brother???
Old 01-16-2003, 11:30 AM
DLG

Originally posted by LutzParty
TannedFat

You cant leave off
Smokin Joes on the Boulevard................. Best Lunch special in town.
Good call Lutz. I'm gonna head down there right now!
DLG

Quick Reply: O.t. Who Makes The Best BBQ ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.