Notices

Havasu Or Loto?

Old 01-16-2003, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Von Bongo
Yawn... Here is a little exerpt from AZ hotboats trip out here....I guess Havaslew is a great place for those "little boats"

(snip)Tom and I stopped to check out the Party Cove late Friday afternoon. There were about 5 houseboats and 30 other boats in the cove. A lot of nice machinery! We spoke with one group at length. They had three "little" boats with them. A 40’ Sea Ray, a 32’ Skater w/twin 600SC’s and a 36-foot Hustler. Money, money, money! Turned out the guy with the Sea Ray owned a dealership in St. Louis that carried Sea Ray, Advantage, Hustler and Skater. They had originally thought I was someone they knew who had an Advantage like mine. Where do I sign up to open one of those dealerships? We were there in mid June and they said that it was really before "the season" started. July and August it really gets cranked up. He said on a weekend the Party Cove, which looked about a mile long, would be packed. Damn, we were victims of poor planning! Wrong month and we show up on Sunday afternoon and leave Saturday morning. Next time......

Here are a few observations on the differences between boating in the Southwest and boating at the Lake of the Ozarks. There were a lot more big boats, meaning 36’ Fountains, Hustlers, Skaters etc. We have our share of big boats out here, but not to that extent. Probably 50% of the boats at Lake Havasu are 22 feet or smaller. We never saw a low slung jetboat sporting over the transom headers. Couple of jet skis, but no jetboats. I rarely saw anything smaller then my 22 foot Sport Cat. This would probably be due to the next comparison: Bigger water.

Well, that’s about it. Overall the trip was a success. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat.(snip)

Whoa......30 boats in party cove? Yippee!
Whoa......two months of it being "cranked up"? Yippee!

Let me just say, the post above is not realistic at all.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:31 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by PhantomChaos

Let me just say, the post above is not realistic at all.
Totally realistic and true

Every bit of it

I have been to both Havasu and LOTO

Havasu more times then LOTO

Like them both

I have been to Havasu in January

Seen ONE count it 1 boat on the water the whole weekend I was there.

Want to know the sad part, it was 70 degrees, it was on fri afternnon at 2pm I was also out from 4-5 on Sat and 10-11am on sun
we were testing 5 different boats
the ONLY ONE 1 boat I seen was the one I was driving.

so now if Havasu is a year round place where was everyone ??

Yes it is true LOTO may not boat all year

but it does NOT freeze over as in the post

It does however support several off season gatherings and boat shows.

How many bars and resturaunts can you and your boating buddies go to in one weekend on Havasu???
Only know of one set of usable first come first served public docks

And how about about the 15-20+ places on LOTO?? At least that I know of in the 2 times I have been there.

They both have reasons to visit, some you can visit more often then others, is one used more then another, I truly doupt it
Old 01-16-2003, 09:44 PM
Registered

Old 01-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally posted by Von Bongo
Yawn... Here is a little exerpt from AZ hotboats trip out here....I guess Havaslew is a great place for those "little boats"
Yea, heres a couple of the "little boats".......At the docks...

Oh wait, theres a couple of those "little" 40 something cats!!

oh and one of those "little" Tigers....

oh yea, that little skater "lick this" next to another little skater....

yea, theres quite a bit of little jet boats running around, thats true.....but here on the west coast people take their 40 searays and other cruisers into that other big blue lake, you know? The ocean!!

Old 01-17-2003, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Look out LOTO.....TANK IS BREAKING OUT THE BIG GUNS!!!!!

Havasu kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2003, 12:21 AM
Registered

Detailed Local Forecast For Lake Ozark, MO

Tonight: Generally clear skies. Low 11F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph.

Tomorrow: Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. High 23F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Tomorrow night: Mostly clear skies. Low 9F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the upper teens.

Sunday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the mid 20s.

Monday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the mid 20s.

Tuesday: Partial sunshine. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the upper teens.

Wednesday: Light snow at times. Highs in the upper teens and lows in the upper single digits.

Thursday: Cloudy. Highs in the low 20s and lows in the upper single digits.

Friday: Chance of a few snow showers. Highs in the upper 20s and lows in the upper single digits.

Saturday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the low 20s.

Old 01-17-2003, 12:23 AM
Registered

Has anyone ever been to jail for drinking on CREEK Havasu. He happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was somewhere near a National Park or something to do with Federal land near the Arizona/Nevada stateline. He went to court (BWI doesn't go against your driving record) got a fine and had to serve 1 day/24 hours in a FEDERAL PRISON. Closest one is in San Diego. He lives in Carlsbad. It happened on Federal land so Federal time was constituted. No Federal time in LOTO but, BWI go against driving priviledges. I believe the law for BWI not going against driving priviledges is only in California.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:41 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YEAH ACTUALLY THOSE BOATS ARE LITTLE... TOO BAD THAT LOTO HAS MORE FASTER, BIGGER, BOATS ON A NORMAL WEEKEND THAN A BIG EVENT WEEKEND LIKE THE PICS. YOU GUYS POSTED OF HAVAZOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! BTW, JUST FOR YOUR OWN INFO. TANK THAT 40' SKATER... THE ONE NEXT TO "LICK THIS" WAS AT LOTO FOR ABOUT TWO YEARS PRIOR TO BEING SOLD, IT USED TO BE CALLED "ADRENALINE" AND WAS OWNED BY AUGGIE BUSCH. JUST FACE THE MUSIC FELLAS... HAVAZOOOOOOO SUCKS.... NORT EVEN GOES THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU SOCAL FLAMERS COULDN'T EVEN HANDLE ALL THE ACTION AT LOTO ON A NORMAL WEEKEND NOT TO MENTION A HOLIDAY WEEKEND, SO YOU LITTLE BOYS SHOULD JUST STAY AT HOME AND CONTINUE YANKING EACH OTHER'S PUDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2003, 01:00 AM
Registered

Lick This was on LOTO for 4th of July weekend, raised up in the slip at PB2. Choas! You want to talk about Chaos? Try driving a 40ft boat thru the COVE on a summer weekend. People on both sides of you, getting sprayed in the face with water, tah tahs all around you, trying not to hit the boat in front of you and not run over any people around you, and sip a cocktail all at the same time. THAT'S CHAOS!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2003, 01:02 AM
Registered

What 60 Footers are on Creek Havasu? Any 60+foot boats? ANY?

Quick Reply: Havasu Or Loto?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.