Notices

Al Queda Plans

Old 01-24-2003, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Tom
The only thing you will learn by challenging them is how to alienate a potential friend.
Well said.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

Tom in your long winded posting to be quite honest you are saying nothing! Now since that is the game,

I will read into your Posting OK!! People like you are well known over in Asia for the tours and wanting Sex with 8 and 9 year old Kids but that’s ok for a Liberal all Perversions are accepted. And is another meaning of the term.

Now show me one reason you are qualified to speak out on the Middle-East situation Iraq mainly? And eating a box of Dromedary Dates is not a qualifying point, Sorry!

Now myself; I currently have Equipment there helping to guard our Troops! What the hell have you done??????? Or ever done??? Besides Criticize without any first hand knowledge of the situation.

I await your revelation maybe a couple hits of sunshine acid would help.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:53 PM
Tom
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 1

Now show me one reason you are qualified to speak out on the Middle-East situation Iraq mainly?

Now myself; I currently have Equipment there helping to guard our Troops! What the hell have you done??????? Or ever done??? Besides Criticize without any first hand knowledge of the situation.

I await your revelation maybe a couple hits of sunshine acid would help.
Steve,
You never seem to amaze me.

Wow I havn't seen any sunshine acid since the early 70s. I friend of mine did the light shows for Jefferson Airplane and used to give private shows in our studio. Now those were some fun times.

What qualifies me to speak out about anything I want is that I am an American citizen. That right is still in the constitution unless Ashcroft figured out how to remove it already.

How does your dictionary define "conflict of interest"? That my friend is one of the biggest points the liberals are complaining about. Why is it the people drumming for war the most stand to make money from it? Even if they have other reasons it just makes it all seem suspect when they meet in secret, make claims they are unable or unwilling to back up, and have lost the faith of the whole world. No wonder you are so scared; polls are dropping faster than Bill Clinton's pants. Better not order that new boat. Might not get to cash that fat check you were expecting.

You and the shrub have a lot in common; name calling, beligerance, go out of your way to alienate the world, can't string two sentences together, have your own dictionary. Have you seen http://www.dubyaspeak.com/ ? Maybe you two could share dictionaries.

I hope you still consider this just entertainment. You were looking for someone to banter with, weren't you?
Old 01-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs down

Tom so that “qualifies” you to be counterfactual?? But again that seems to be standard criterion for a Liberal or in your case;

A communal idiosyncrasy!
Old 01-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tom I got an Idea for you guys on the wrong side! Why don’t you simply pass some laws making all Crimes Legal hell why not? Be a real Liberal !!!!!!!!!

And post birth abortions legal say until the kid was 12 years old!

Think of the fun.

We could try a pilot program in California and check the results in 5 years!
Old 01-25-2003, 06:50 PM
Tom
Registered

I have been thinking about Donzi38's statements that Liberals are in a different world. That might actually explain a lot, just like the book "Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus" explains. I think that Liberals and Conservatives are entirely different thinkers and that is the basis of the conflict between them. They are in a way, from two opposite worlds, yet dependant on each other to make our shared world what it is. I'll try here to discribe what I see as the differences, where we need to come together, and why.

Liberal thinkers are the artists, the musicians, the creatives, the dreamers, the inventors, the optimists, the idealists, the out of the box thinkers. They invision a utopian world where everybody lives in peace and harmony even when the "real" world shows no sign of it. Their anthem is "Imagine" by John Lennon and their heroes are the great peace activists, Jesus, Krishna, Mahatma Ghandi, Marting Luther King, and those who dream of a perfect world.

The liberal thinker is the guy you take your boat to that looks at the same thing you have been looking at for weeks and instantly sees the perfect creative solution. You look at it and think "it is so obvious, why didn't I think of that." Problem is he is flaky, poor at business, and has no concept of getting it done on time. Drives you crazy.

Conservative thinkers are the businessmen, the accountants, the the pragmatists, the steady, the responsible, the "adults" of the bunch. They envision a world that is controlled and predictable. They don't want a theme song, that is a waste of thought.Their heroes are MacArthur, Henry Ford, great generals and corporate leaders, and those who are "serious" about making things happen, on time, within budget, and organized.

You can't take your boat to a conservative thinker, because the boating business is too hard to make a profit in. The conservative thinker is the guy you go to when your business is messed up. He looks at the numbers, talks about objectives, puts together a business plan, suggests you go into a business you are not passionate about because it makes more business sense. Drives you crazy.

All of us have a combination of both liberal and conservative thinking in us. If we were 100% liberal we would die because we couldn't afford to eat. If we were 100% conservative we would die of boredom. The world works the same. Without the liberal thinkers we would have no art, no music, no movies, no new models of toys, everything would just stay the same. Without the conservative thinkers we would have nothing finished, anarchy, lawlessness, a disorganized mess. What we need is a combination of liberal and conservative both within ourselves and within society as a whole.

My ideal would be to have the liberal thinkers dream up the utopian world and write the specifications, yet have the conservative thinkers plan and impliment the dream. Some conservatives ideal seems to be kill all the liberals, but then you get a world nobody wants to live in. If we would just learn to cherish the best traits from both sides while trying to peacefully compromise on the not so best traits, the world just might turn out to be a great place for all of us.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:38 AM
Registered

Default Saddam's human rights abuses:

This is a factual document prepared by the Commonwealth Office in London. It details just some of the Human rights abuses Saddam Hussein routinely imposes as the dictator of Iraq since 1979. Imagine living in this country.

It amazes me how Americans can go out and make fools of themselves saying things like "no war for oil". These people have absolutely no knowlege what this impending war is really about!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/photos/strawdossier.pdf
Old 01-27-2003, 09:45 AM
Registered

Default Utopia

Tom - Utopia on the planet earth does not has not and cannot exhist. That is why conservatives get so annoyed with the left. Because they are not realistic. Stop smokin up the gange and think straight. If there were no bad people in the world then there would be no good people. If no one committed crimes then there would be no such thing as immoral behavior thus people who behave morally responsibly would not be rewarded for it, and there would be no reason to feel good about yourself or to set goals or to seek prosperity. Humanity would be very boring in this utopian world don't you think? I would like to see a less violent world for sure. It makes my stomach turn when I read documents like the link I posted above. Torture is disgusting evil that I can think of on our planet.

I do agree with (to the extent that it is good to have a combination of creative and realistic), and read your last post with interest. That diversity is what makes this country so great. But it is certainly annoying to see people too lazy to do some research before they open their mouths in protest. If you stop and talk to some of these people, they don't even know the history of Saddam Hussein.

As I write this Mr. Blix is speaking live stating that Iraq is completely in non compliance. That should be on no surprise to anyone.

Last edited by at100plus; 01-27-2003 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-27-2003, 02:05 PM
Tom
Registered

I agree Saddam is a horrible person. I think there is no disagreement anywhere about that. The debate seems to be about how best to deal whith him and other bad guys while still holding the rest of the world together.

What bothers me a whole lot also is that even the "good" muslims treat women so horribly. Saddam's mistreatment of women doesn't seem that far away from the norm. I wish someone of the Muslim faith would explain to us why they believe women are treated so horribly by all of them.

While I agree that a Utopian hope for the world is way beyond unrealistic, those advocating it are neither stupid or evil for wishing it. Those who have chosen to protest, (I am not one of them so who am I to defend them other than nobody else wants to take their side here) are not extremest utopian dreamers with no brains or attention to what is going on. Last I read they are made up of an amazingly diverse cross section of society; both young and very old, clergy and athiests, veterans, doctors, etc. The peace activists from the Vietnam era were mostly made up of students and leftists, but this time that group is only a part of a much wider group. To totally discount what they are saying is just as foolish as for them to deny the logic coming from the other side.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom, I think that if you pay attention to the real movers and shakers behind the "peace" movement you will find it is just the same old Republican haters and rent-a-mobs that seem to populate the vocal left today. Case in point-none of these groups popped up when Bill was slinging Tomohawks and talking about another invasion to clean things up. This is still being driven by politics and will be until the fur starts to fly, then the true peace people will be left and likely small in number. I wonder what they would say if Tel Aviv was a large smoking hole??

Quick Reply: Al Queda Plans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.