Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just putting his finger on the pulse of the constituency
Old 01-20-2003, 09:24 PM
Tom
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I said no argument from me about Steve's post. As a matter of fact I can't figure out what he said. The list of crimes; is this something Rush Limbo put together? $40,000,000 and Ken Starr's highly partisan witch hunt and they couldn't pin one of them. The only one that sticks is on the blue dress. "Two of the four articles of impeachment passed (Article I, grand jury perjury, and Article III, obstruction of justice), the votes drawn along party lines. After a Senate trial in Jan.–Feb. 1999, Clinton was acquitted on both counts." Bill Clinton is not a Liberal, he is a centrist who upset the liberals by turning the Democrats into Repug lite.

at100plus,
Thanks for your clear posts. I'm still not clear on what exactly the main beliefs of conservatives are, but am I correct in assuming that Reagan and Bush II are the best examples? Am I also correct in assuming that you are arguing for the conservative point of view?

I'm not sure I am a Liberal, but will take that side just to keep things interesting. I propose we try to work out a list of attributes that are held by representatives starting at the far left, middle of the road liberals, centrist liberals, centrist conservatives, middle of the road conservatives, far right conservatives. Personally I tend to agree with the centrists of both sides. I lean toward the left on social issues (keep the government out of my stash and my wife) and right on financial issues (keep them out of my checkbook too).

I don't believe the middle of the road of either side is the evil that they are made out to be. I also don't believe that they are in so much disagreement as pertains the need for getting rid of terrorists and dictators. Perhaps the way of achieving it is a subject of heated debate, but neither side is the enemy. The sooner we work on understanding and finding consensus amongst ourselves is the sooner we are united against the true enemy.

I have not had the time, but I will try to find a rational presentation of what the left of center believes and a few examples of who best represents that point of view. Does anybody know the difference between a right wing extremest and a left wing extremest? Is it a circle where they both meet and the opposite side is the centrists?

Last edited by Tom; 01-20-2003 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of luck on that centrist liberal pundit there Tom. It seems that the only lefties we hear from are the Kennedys, Jacksons, Ms Clintoon and the rest. Oh we might hear old in-the-pocket Tom Daschle come out and sound very even and mellow while trying to undermine everything that the centrist-right President trys to do. But usually it is the same old shrill bleating-"the Republicans are going to dirty the air, starve old people, starve children, kill minorities, blah,blah,blah.....ad infinitem.

And just for clarification-Bill Clintoon was not a centrist, he was a scum bag that would take any or all positions that would help HIM, not the country, not his party, no one but HIM. Personally I think the Republicans owe him a huge debt of gratitude. When he came to town the D's had the WH, House, and Senate. After all the disgusting bullsh*t that he and his pals pulled and brought with them to Washington, the R's have it all. Even though the D's have broken the law, made a mockery of the election laws, and turned funerals into pep rallys, the people have decided they need adults in charge, not a bunch of petulant children.
Old 01-20-2003, 10:21 PM
Tom
Registered

Looks like I'll probably have to research and express the view for the conservatives too.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:00 PM
Registered

Default You got that right

And I'll say it again. Clinton was about Clinton. Both Mr. and Mrs. Clinton.

Far left:

Jesse Jackson -(RACIST)
Al Sharpton
Alan Colmes
The Clintons, but they only went to the far left because they thought it would benefit them the most.

They do nothing but seek the support of non thinking people who are not intelligent enough to understand the facts if they were presented. They use catch phrases like racial profiling and war monger to attract the support of people who have good intentions but just don't know what they are talking about.

On the right (correct) side:

George W. Bush
Bill O'Reilly
Sean Hannity
Oliver North

These guys speak clearly make accurate arguments at any given time and use facts to back their arguments.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:06 PM
Registered

Default Affirmative Racism

It's about time this one came to light -

I have been saying this for years. "It is just as bad to hire someone or admit them to a school by looking only at thier race as it is to refuse their employment or enrollment by looking only at race.

"Judge a man by the content of his character, not the color of his skin" MLK Jr.

I think Affirmative Action has gone beyond it's intended goal. You can't solve racism with racism.

George Bush is the first to address this in years and without fearing the ramifications of potential political incorrectness.

Good Job George W. Bush

Last edited by at100plus; 01-20-2003 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:35 PM
Registered

Default Some interesting reading

Read the hyperlinked articles on the right of the home page beginning with "Thank You Bill" and then move on to the Ken Star report. Most Clinton supportors don't even know this stuff.

http://counterclintonlibrary.com/
Old 01-21-2003, 12:09 AM
Registered

Default This one is just unbelievable

http://counterclintonlibrary.com/NoPardons.htm
Old 01-21-2003, 04:11 AM
Tom
Registered

Default Re: This one is just unbelievable

Originally posted by at100plus
http://counterclintonlibrary.com/NoPardons.htm
Thank you so much for the links. When someone said "Tom, you don't have a freekin clue!" I had no idea how true that was. It was one of the most amazing times I have had following links and learning so much about what it means to be a conservative.

Before tonight I could not understand how you could be so pissed. When I searched to find out why I had been using the wrong keywords. The best I could find was http://www.patches.net/ and I couldn't figure out what the big deal was. It all makes sense to me now and there is no point in trying to raise the level of discourse. I am so sorry if I offended anyone with my ignorance.

Quick Reply: Al Queda Plans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.