Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I just took a ride in an Infinity with a PSI drive. What can I get for my Bravos? >

I just took a ride in an Infinity with a PSI drive. What can I get for my Bravos?

Notices

I just took a ride in an Infinity with a PSI drive. What can I get for my Bravos?

Old 01-18-2003, 11:41 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I just took a ride in an Infinity with a PSI drive. What can I get for my Bravos?

WOW!! That was a great ride!
Thanks Tim and Tony for the ride and the tour. I even got to meet Harry and Frankie.

We got some great air. What a soft reentry. No skeg and Bullet to drag as you reenter the water. No pulling back on the trottles as you leave the water.

Now, what can I get for my Bravos, props and Latham steering. I still have to see if the PSIs will fit between my tabs. I've got staggered drives and an 8' beam. I'll have to take some measurements when I get home.

Thanks again guys

Mark
Old 01-18-2003, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you like the infinity hull design? If you were to instll psi would you have to add the external gear box? Thanks Dwight
Old 01-18-2003, 02:08 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

I'm not sure, I have to wait untill I get home to see if I have room to move one engine forward enough to have it 8" from the transome. The standoff box is an easier install but costs about a$1000 more.
Old 01-18-2003, 02:48 PM
Registered

Frankie and Harry are great people. I am also considering swaping my xr's for some pulse drives....hmmmmmm

They went on the Thunderrun with us in October and while we were all watching the water reduce down to a foot or so and our bravo's dug in, harry in his 22 thunder and frankie in her infinity just kept buzzing around, and what a sweet rooster tail those drives make. I say go for it and good luck...
Old 01-18-2003, 03:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds cool!

One question: I understand not having to worry as much about your bravo drive blowing up, but why would you not have to pull back on the sticks when leaving the water? Do you just rely on the rev limiter? Thanks.
Old 01-18-2003, 05:43 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Well, I was having so much fun, I never asked. It was Tim's Infinity, maybe he or Tony can chime in. It was propped at 5200 rpms. 530hp/502 efi It may have been hitting the limiter as it didn't seem to rev all that high as we left the water.

Whitey, as far as the Infinity hull design. It handled 4' swells with a little white cap chop very well. Fast smooth ride. It seemed like I was a little tall for the bolsters. but, that wasn't the Infinity's falt.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Could be with the prop several feet behind the transom, it might not have come out ouf the water unless you got pretty high. If you ever saw Nemschoff's "A" class Buzzi hull run with it's TriMax, you'll know how well those shaft drives work at keeping the prop engaged.

How is the Pulse different from a Arneson? Is it not steerable? If that's the case, then how is it different from a TriMax or a BPM? It all sounds pretty interesting to me.
Old 01-19-2003, 06:44 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

C-Spray, the PSI is trimable, but not steerable. It has a set of rudders that when turned will get into the Prop wash, wich makes the handling (slow speed and fast) amazing. Even the single (that's how the Infinity was setup) has 2 rudders. My Super Hawaii would be a dual drive setup.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look in the technical Q & A section Imongo just did a thread on installing the PSI system on a Cafe Racer

Cigaretteman
Old 01-19-2003, 02:07 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

That hull surfs the water and normally does not come out of the water unless a big wave just drops out from under it. Sometimes you think it left the water but the rear half is just coming down the other side of the wave. That was how it did with the blackhawks when I drove it in big water in Miami years ago.

Quick Reply: I just took a ride in an Infinity with a PSI drive. What can I get for my Bravos?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.