Profile Custom Boats Yea-o-Nea >

Profile Custom Boats Yea-o-Nea

Notices

Profile Custom Boats Yea-o-Nea

Old 01-19-2003, 01:46 PM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

is this the same profile boat company that built a pink v bottom called rip & tear that had it's last race in pt. pleasent n.j. in the early 1990's?
Old 01-19-2003, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for info guys I was looking at this company and considering the new poker run 38 "V" model Looking for decent boat for the money and looking to do upgrades down the road/water I had not considered the "Cat" because I want a decent cabin for entertainment system Thanks again maybe I'll buy one since the "Cig." sold last week and I can't afford a new one in the 38-40 ft.range
Old 01-19-2003, 08:56 PM
Registered

Do a search for profile, we were just at the factory a couple weeks ago, and took some pics of the factory. Everyone that went (13 of us) thought that they made a good boat. They make the v hulls with a fiberglass cockpit liner and the v birth is also a liner. I myself have only read one report on the gel not being perfect, most of the reports I have read have said that the gel was great. Nice thing about it Randy will do what every it is you would like done on the boat. STand up people.
Mark
Old 01-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Registered

wildchild was that the post on my trip to .....
If so I saw it great photos that may have been what realy got me to take a serious look at these boats
Old 01-19-2003, 09:23 PM
Registered

Flo-10-thunder, the new 38V was just in the FEB Hotbaot Mag. The first one out of the mold. And Randy won the poker run with 4 aces.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:31 PM
Registered

28Eliminator Thats what I heard but have not been able to get a copy off the HB mag. yet but when I spoke to Randy about the boat he said he would send a copy of the article with some specs on the boat. Iam really getting excited about this thing now and can't wait for weather to change!! I will be going to Profile in early Feb.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:02 PM
blackhawk

There is a 28 cat up here on Torch Lake. I have not been inside it but it looks like a great boat. It has a 575 and it flies! Not sure how fast but he comes around me pretty good when I am running 75mph. I'd guess 90-95.

Old 01-20-2003, 03:20 AM
Registered

Yep thats the one. You will enjoy touring the shop, Randy and his wife Debbie are very nice people. When we were there he had maybe 4 cats and one V in the shop. He also had a few boats in the molds. They might be about done when you go in Feb.
Mark
Old 01-20-2003, 10:01 AM
skaterize

Default profile boats

Im sure u can see that everyone has an opinion and everyone should. Im sure every manufacturer has bad days and or sometimes bad materials. This obviously means some boats can have issues. The most important thing is service after the sale. Will profile back up there product and for how long. I hope that those having issues with past profile boats dont take this wrong, but ive seen Skaters with some isssues and you probally havent heard much about those, because they stand behind ther boats and make there customers happy. I have no experience with there V bottoms other than seeing a 40 in the Glen and it looked nice and drew a lot of attention. I did however see a 28 cat in Alabama with twin Mariner mags for sale. Upon calling profile they were more than eager to tell me all about it and were very honest even though they had nothing to do with the boat and its sale. All there write ups appear to be good and they all say the boats are simple.......and in my book simple is good.. All boats must meet minimum safety standards and goals. My suggestion would be buy the profile all WHITE and with the gazillions u save have a good painter fix the small gel coat imperfections and put a kick ass paint job on it and when your next to that cigarette you know you save thousands and look just as good. Oh BTW the engines make the thing move put some more money there..GOOD LUCK
Craig

Old 01-20-2003, 10:20 AM
Registered

I was also at the factory and I will have picutres soon. They will do in mold gel but Randy didn't suggest it. He like to paint them and does a beautiful job of it. They use cockpit and cabin liners up to 33 and only cockpit liners over that(I think). I've heard of the problems in the past. But after seeing the new onces being built they are of a much greater quality. I won't lie and say the mold work was flawless but I've seen worse on much bigger name boats. The overall package is well worth the lower price for the same sizes "popular" boat.

The 38 cat mold is done the cap is being tooled. It will blow the competition away in popularity when its finished. I won't let the cat out of the bag but the features this boat will have will make it hugely popular.

I know why it is so quick; it is way lighter than most of the other boats of the same size
I was under the impression that Profile's where a bit heavier than most. He layes they up tough!

but I think it would be faster on the top if they added a step or two.
Randy said he believes that steps work and uses them on his cat. But he said he will never built them in a V. They are just not worth the handle draw backs.

Again, they where great people and seemed like they would do just about anything for you. Randy was also very honest about his boats he had nothing to hide.

Brian

Quick Reply: Profile Custom Boats Yea-o-Nea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.