So who's at work on this fine Saturday? >

So who's at work on this fine Saturday?

Notices

So who's at work on this fine Saturday?

Old 01-18-2003, 03:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Unhappy So who's at work on this fine Saturday?

This blows!

I've been here since 9:00 this morning...Still here...will be here for a couple more hours.....

I hate schedules! and I hate it when sales dictates engineering even more!!!!!
Old 01-18-2003, 03:33 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell ... I was standing on the dock about to go out on a friends new boat (1999 382 Fastech) when I got a call "We need you to close out the process we started yesterday and we NEED to start another"

That means going back home, getting online(I hate that ) , putting my propeller hat on and doing some work

With tears streaming down my face I watched my buddies pull away from the dock and now I am sitting here drydocked
Old 01-18-2003, 03:40 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Well Guys.. It's too cold to go boating any way. Hmm, lets see, no wind, a few puffy,s deep blue sky and a temp of...62 degrees...Yep..It's just too cold..
Old 01-18-2003, 03:47 PM
Registered

Cool

I started work at 6am this morning. Started to work on dialing in the boat that is Ran from Dana Point to Catalina island and back. Perfect day to figure a few things out, small swell and about two to three foot wind chop.
Old 01-18-2003, 03:50 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

You're Killin' Me

Old 01-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Rick#29

Yes at work 6 Am till 2 Pm getting Pier 57 ready for Daytona,Glass guy fixen all little stress cracks.We will be ready too rock.Trying to make it 3 for 3 in Daytona.

Old 01-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like a busy crowd!

Q: Does working on one's boat really constitute work??

Sounds like a lot more fun than this!......

Old 01-18-2003, 04:19 PM
Big E

No is does not as far as I'm concerned. Unless that is what you do for a living, if it is, that would still be a cool job.

Old 01-18-2003, 08:47 PM
Registered

I don't know what motivates everyone else here, but for me it is the ocean and boats!!! I have been fortunate enough to make my business work without having to work weekends anymore (Knock on wood). I have done the 100 hour plus work weeks and can't do it anymore. Now, it is 30-50 hours and the weekends to play on the boat with my family . I feel for you guys having to work, but, if it's to buy a bigger boat, this is the time of year to do it !!
Old 01-18-2003, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Roger that bigger boat comment...I'm doin' six 12 hr. nights at the hosp. in seven days. Including three-in-a-row this weekend. Been living like this, or close to it, for 4 months now Up here in the Thousand Islands, it's all about the middle of May (if it's not raining the entire month) thru say, the middle of Oct. (if we're lucky). June, July, and August are incredible boating in this part of the world. Therefore, I have informed management that in reference to covering thier asses w/outrageous hours this winter....I will be off 2 weeks in June, 2 weeks in July, and 3+ weeks in August. Everything is in place, except for the right number on the new boat I'm looking for!

Quick Reply: So who's at work on this fine Saturday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.