Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ajac Hawk (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41392-ajac-hawk.html)

fobes 01-19-2003 09:23 AM

Ajac Hawk

Does anyone know where the original Ajac Hawk is? How about the Jesse James 28 foot Cigarette that someone had mentioned was in N.Y.?

searace 03-19-2003 05:10 PM

The original ajac hawk was last seen owned by Peter Roca of N. Miami. It was changed to the fabrige' super brute. Now its all black.

lucy 03-19-2003 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
COMMING AT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hauling Trash 03-19-2003 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here one

SPITFIRE 03-19-2003 06:52 PM

lucy

where oh where did you get such an awesome library of pictures???fobes is a buddy of mine , i just relocated down here, and i thought he was hardcore . thanks for all the great info and pics!!!!bill

lucy 03-19-2003 08:33 PM

send me your Email. cya.. LUCY

SPITFIRE 03-19-2003 09:32 PM

lucy...

you've got mail

cbdragon 03-22-2003 11:10 AM

ouch.....Ajac H, AKA Super Brut was last seen in the Islands....a sad ending maybe. cb

IceAngel 03-22-2003 11:30 AM

Craig,

Whatever happened to the Coors Light Silver Bullet?

searace 03-22-2003 03:33 PM

Craig,

was it painted black with red trim?

tc

abolfaz 10-04-2005 11:31 PM

Re: Ajac Hawk

I closed the transom on that boat in 2000, the boat was painted white and repowered with two 300hp yanmars. It left for the bahamas and I never saw it again. :(

lucky strike 10-05-2005 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by fobes
How about the Jesse James 28 foot Cigarette that someone had mentioned was in N.Y.?

I built that 28 Cigarette new in 1979 and raced it in P class. My # was P-5. The boat was called WINGS . It then went to a guy in Point Pleasant . He painted it Ivory and named it Jesse James. He then sold it to the Lavins. I don't know where it its today

LS

Mange 10-05-2005 10:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A friend over here in Sweden just purchase this on. this is a couple of weeks ago out on Baltic Sea...

Its a 87 Cig TG with 540 Hawk's 650hps on Ssm #3

Sorry, not answer to your question...

stinger312 10-05-2005 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by abolfaz
I closed the transom on that boat in 2000, the boat was painted white and repowered with two 300hp yanmars. It left for the bahamas and I never saw it again. :(

Thats sad,that boat is a piece of offshore history the first 38 out of the mold.. did it ever race again after it was Super Brute... Hey Craig when was this pic taken :D

10x 10-05-2005 10:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by IceAngel
Craig,

Whatever happened to the Coors Light Silver Bullet?

I'm not Craig, but, if this is the one you're talkin about, it was repowered with some mild N/A 502's, and the current owner moved from the Chicago area to Montana last summer. A friend of mine was redoing the brakes and wheel bearings on the trailer just before he moved. We asked him if he'd be interested in selling the boat before he moves, so he did'nt have to trailer it so far, :rolleyes: but he said that he'll probably never sell it.

stinger312 10-05-2005 10:46 AM

Some more of Jerry and Ajac Hawk

BLee 10-05-2005 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)

That makes me want to throw up. What a waste. :(

stinger312 10-05-2005 10:50 AM

some more...Courtesy of Charley McCarthy 1978 Argentina

BLee 10-05-2005 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 10x
I'm not Craig, but, if this is the one you're talkin about, it was repowered with some mild N/A 502's, and the current owner moved from the Chicago area to Montana last summer. A friend of mine was redoing the brakes and wheel bearings on the trailer just before he moved. We asked him if he'd be interested in selling the boat before he moves, so he did'nt have to trailer it so far, :rolleyes: but he said that he'll probably never sell it.

If there is one historic boat I'd like to own, it's that one. :cool: :cool:

10x 10-05-2005 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
If there is one historic boat I'd like to own, it's that one. :cool: :cool:

Yeah, me too. :cool: That Cig was like going back in time, and it is in REAL clean condition too. He was'nt even interested in talkin about selling it. I even asked him where in the hell is he gonna use it out in Montana? He said he did'nt care if he never uses it again, he just is'nt interested in sellin it.
I wish I'd have taken alot more pics of it when it was here in Chicago. :( I

stinger312 10-05-2005 11:38 AM

Does anyone know where Jerry Jacoby is now??? would love to here some history

Nykamp 10-05-2005 12:16 PM

The SILVER BULLET CIG. used to sit on a lift up here in White Lake Michigan.

10x 10-05-2005 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Nykamp
The SILVER BULLET CIG. used to sit on a lift up here in White Lake Michigan.

Correct. Now it is owned by Marc Beehan who was from Diversy Harbor in Chicago, and just moved to Montana last summer.

BLee 10-05-2005 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by 10x
Correct. Now it is owned by Marc Beehan who was from Diversy Harbor in Chicago, and just moved to Montana last summer.

What a relief it is to know it still looks the same. Even better knowing it's in great shape and in appreciative hands. I wish I could say the same about some of the old classic race boats like Ajac and the Apaches. :mad: :drink:

OldSchool 10-05-2005 02:17 PM

I wish I could say the same about some of the old classic race boats like Ajac and the Apaches. :mad: :drink:

He he he said APACHE!!!!!!!! :drink: :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

abolfaz 11-06-2005 05:22 PM

That makes me want to throw up. What a waste. :(

If you only knew! The sc--bag who owned it last in the U.S. (A guy named Tony with a car lot on 27th ave in miami) purchased the boat complete with 3a's, two 540's, target trailer etc for $15k from the parents of delinquent who had just gone to jail. He parted the boat out selling the drives for $15k, engines for $29k, the hull for just under $40k and he kept the trailer. He found some bahamian who paid for the hull and then he paid me to close the transom for the bahamian. From there it went somewhere in pompano where it was repowered. I think its still in Nassau now.

The worst part of it all? When the boat was repowered it only ran 45mph!??!?!?!?!

el indio 11-06-2005 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by stinger312
Does anyone know where Jerry Jacoby is now??? would love to here some history

he lives in miami beach.....i see him all the time........the ajac hawk became the super brut boat........faberge boat.......m.m..........his mom lives in my building...........mark........

el indio 11-06-2005 05:42 PM

If you only knew! The sc--bag who owned it last in the U.S. (A guy named Tony with a car lot on 27th ave in miami) purchased the boat complete with 3a's, two 540's, target trailer etc for $15k from the parents of delinquent who had just gone to jail. He parted the boat out selling the drives for $15k, engines for $29k, the hull for just under $40k and he kept the trailer. He found some bahamian who paid for the hull and then he paid me to close the transom for the bahamian. From there it went somewhere in pompano where it was repowered. I think its still in Nassau now.

The worst part of it all? When the boat was repowered it only ran 45mph!??!?!?!?!

my guess they hung a bunch of chainsaw motors[outboards] on it and are working it like a rented mule.................m.m...

abolfaz 11-06-2005 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by el indio
my guess they hung a bunch of chainsaw motors[outboards] on it and are working it like a rented mule.................m.m...

At least then it would still be running. If you know where to look in the bahamas its like an offshore racing graveyard. Tons of old race boats. I actually saw the old nordskog powerboat special 35 cigarette with the original paint job getting 3 250 yamahas hung on it! I also saw one of the 39 cigarette ex longshot boats there as well as the old fish peddler shadow cat to name a few.

ApacheCarl 11-06-2005 09:41 PM

That boat was one of my all time favorites. Jerry J. and Bob Saccenti were unstoppable with that boat. Its a shame that the boat was never restored. Maybe someday it will be :)

abolfaz 11-07-2005 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by ApacheCarl
Its a shame that the boat was never restored. Maybe someday it will be :)

It may still be, as I understand it the Bahamian speedboat drug smuggling trade is dead now. With the tough extradition treaty between the U.S. and the Bahamas the people who owned those boats are putting as much distance between themselves and the boats as possible, so much so that some are being taken offshore and sunk! If you have the time I'm sure you can go through nassau and some of the smaller islands and find these boats.

I almost forgot, a friend and I sent "fast company" over there as well. Does that mean were going to go to some sort of offshore hell?

el indio 11-07-2005 08:32 PM

It may still be, as I understand it the Bahamian speedboat drug smuggling trade is dead now. With the tough extradition treaty between the U.S. and the Bahamas the people who owned those boats are putting as much distance between themselves and the boats as possible, so much so that some are being taken offshore and sunk! If you have the time I'm sure you can go through nassau and some of the smaller islands and find these boats.

I almost forgot, a friend and I sent "fast company" over there as well. Does that mean were going to go to some sort of offshore hell?

you need to read the smuggleing thread........one of you is missinformed.............being a minister i neither indulge in alchahol or recreational drugs............mark........

abolfaz 11-07-2005 09:14 PM

one of you is missinformed.............

How so?

abolfaz 11-08-2005 12:44 AM

you need to read the smuggleing thread........one of you is missinformed.............being a minister i neither indulge in alchahol or recreational drugs............mark........

The late 90's bahamian smuggling boom is over, it peaked in 97,98 and then died down in 00 and 01. In 97,98 south bimini in one house alone had 2 38 mantas with yamahas, 2 36 mirages with 3 yamahas, 1 36 Carrera with 3 yamahas, 2 35 cigarettes with yamahas, 1 old 38 signature with yamahas and 3 38 cigarette knockoffs with 3 yamahas to name a few. And that was just around one house/metal building between the airstrip and the dock for the boat that took you to north bimini. Today? Nothing.

Things really died down to a crawl after 9/11, plus the boats of choice changed from big old go fasts with yamahas to the eduardono type columbian canoes.

abolfaz 11-11-2005 06:41 PM

Here's something thats been bugging me, does anybody know where the El Boss/super Q 37.5 ended up? Also does anybody have any pics of Assault another 37.5 cig?

onig 12-25-2017 12:15 PM

Ajac 37.6

Anyone ever found out the whereabouts of the 37.6 Ajac ?