Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Key West or New Orleans (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41515-key-west-new-orleans.html)

LPBoater 01-20-2003 06:24 PM

Key West or New Orleans

Aside from the APBA vs. SBI stuff, which was the better place to go to the races - Key Wesy or New Orleans - and why?

BODYSHOT1 01-20-2003 06:27 PM

KW...hands down, best atmosphere w/o a doubt!!

1HYPER1 01-20-2003 07:26 PM

KEY WEST BY FAR,BETTER FACILITYS BETTER VIEWING AREAS,BETTER ATMOSPHERE,BETTER PEOPLE,GREAT
NIGHT LIFE,KEY WEST HAS IT ALL OVER ALL OTHER SITES..

TYPHOON 01-20-2003 07:58 PM

Key West hands down if you are there to race.We have had some calm water the last year but the norm is BIG BAD STUFF.If you win in KW you know you have done somthing right and so do your fellow racers.KW seperates the real talant of teams.Just thinking of the heratage there with all the legands of the sport and what they all have done in there days gives me goose bumps.If some how you could take the fans on a one lap ride during a race and turn into the wall do a 1 mile strech in 6-10 seas and then back into the harbor to look to your right and see thousands of fans cheering you on you wouldnt have to ask which was better.Your choice is a lake or that ride.
Randy

:confused: :confused: :confused: ;) ;)

tachyon 01-20-2003 08:25 PM

KW is an incredible venue. The course is a racers dream and town is a fans dream. Logistically it's fan and racer friendly. Walk to the pits or walk to a bar, stumble home...:D

mopower 01-20-2003 08:34 PM

Been to NO:( Been to KW:D No brainer.....KW KW KW KW:D

Treadwellmotorsports 01-20-2003 10:51 PM

as a racers point of veiw. key west has always been the ultimate challage. if you win there you are part of an aleete group. only the best of the best walk away with a trophy.
plus it's a kool place.

kitten 01-21-2003 12:29 AM

Key West is best for spectators, but there is a downfall. They needed alot more restrooms, and food vendors. Maybe bleachers would have been good too. :chick:

BattleCry 01-21-2003 12:31 AM

DUH! Its like KEY WEST! You know? Warmer! Paradise!!!

Jana 01-21-2003 07:07 AM

Key West! I went to New Orleans this year simply because I could drive and save money not having to fly. It was a so-so racecourse and a few good parties. Can't compete with sitting on the pier watching them run in that turquoise blue water in Key West. Bourbon Street may have something over Duval though.

Ron P 01-21-2003 09:32 AM

NO was the worst race site I've ever been to.

Key West all the way!!!!

CigDaze 01-21-2003 10:28 AM

No questions asked, without a shadow of a doubt, It's Key West Hands down! :cool:

BRUCE SEROFF 01-21-2003 11:10 AM

KW.......any more questions?

Hauling Trash 01-21-2003 12:40 PM

KEY WEST.......N.O. was a mud hole..

AugiePensa 01-21-2003 02:18 PM

Key West!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NASTY HABIT 01-21-2003 02:45 PM

Key West for me.....too many drunks in N.O.

Tbikini 01-21-2003 03:38 PM

LP
Just got back from Key West...first time there. Looked like a happening place to be. Not sure where the race course is, but from what I have heard, the water can sure get rough and that usually means great racing.

Oh, the bars were great too:D At least the one I went into....couldn't keep up with the rest of my group. Suffice it to say that they only wanted me to go to one.....there was difficulty crossing the street after that. What can I say, I'm a lightweight:p

Tbikini

Reindl Powerboats 01-21-2003 05:41 PM

KW is incredible!!!

h2owarrior 01-21-2003 06:23 PM

LP....If your going by car I would suggest Key West......Great racing and the road is always flat.

On the other hand if your going there by boat....Go to New Orleans cause that Fountain will kill you in that water:D :D

I cannot wait to see you on Cumberland.......Now more than ever:D :D I hear that being just a little pissed makes you a better racer:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sauron 01-21-2003 06:33 PM

Been to both, raced both, won both places, Key West hands down. I wish all races were held in KW

Rick#29 01-21-2003 06:40 PM

Key west ,Been racing there for last 10 years, you really find the real men from the boys. Real offshore water,great tests for boat and racing teams!

boater31v 01-21-2003 09:07 PM

I have never been to New Orleans but have been to Key West many times. Key West is so good I can't imagine any place being better.

WickedWon 01-23-2003 08:16 AM

Been to KW over 25 times always HATE to leave. Been to NO twice was ready to leave after two days, there's alot going on in NO that makes most people uncomfortable. As far as racing, KEY WEST IS OFFSHORE RACING, if ya ever get a chance to just run the full course in anything at speed, you'll understand what I mean, all kinds of conditions are experienced in every lap, and then there's that blue blue and white white water and...... JD

LPBoater 01-23-2003 06:04 PM

H2O - looking forward to seeing your new ride in Cumberland - are you keeping down there? Fountain has made trip from Miami to Key West. Always leave with the pack, but 1st one there. That water is not a challenge for me.:D :D

R Addiction 01-24-2003 09:24 PM

kEY WEST!!! No Doubt. We went the last 2 years and loved it. Granted I've never been to N.O. but how can you beat the crystal clear water and Duval St.? All the people and things to do! We'll be back next year for the worlds!!

VinMan 01-25-2003 09:49 AM

KW. The ultimate site hands down!