Notices

wtf , boat salemen grrrr

Old 01-17-2003, 01:05 PM
Steve_H

Unhappy wtf , boat salemen grrrr

just got off the phone with a salesman in San Bernardino , Ca.
about a special edition 95' formula.

ask him how many hours?

uuuuu dont know.

can you find out?

uuuuu no.

wonder if the owner of beaver boats is now in cali.

unbelievable
Attached Images  

Old 01-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talked to a soleman from national marine a couple of years ago who was trying to sell me a 1984 Cafe racer. I told him if it was an 84 it would be a flat deck. He told me if I don't know anything about boats I shouldn't waste his time, and hung up on me.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I second TOO OLD's reply!!

Call Nelems 205.221.3072
Old 01-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Lotoparty, photo looks like the Indy 500 Special edition. If so, the only made 2, one for display and one was presented to the race winner. We sold the display model,don't know where it is now. The Indy Edition was just a 271 with special graphics and interior color, might have some additional value to some people. Course it could just be a 271 that someone changed the graphics on. A hull # would allow me to check it out for you, if you are a serious prospect the dealer should give you the # and I'l be glad to check it out for you.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boast buyers. Grrrr!

Kidding.

I always love the dealerships that play the "List it and forget it game" it is a real disservice to the seller. I cannot believe that more people dont call and check up on who is selling there boats. I have had people call and ask how many hours, what size power, any scratches or repairs. and after the call is done the owner will call and say thank you for doing a good job. I actually dont take that as a waist of time. They are checking to make sure I am earning my 10%. The flip side is that I have seen local dealers that dont know what power, how many hours, or the all time best "I dont know where the boat is"...Doh! Advertising is a relative term. I know more than one boat owner around here that should be very pissed off. there boats could have sold five times buy now if the dealer had a clue what was on the lot. Oh well, Thats why I work on the buyers end now!
Old 01-17-2003, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally will not deal with brokers. What good could possibly come from it? Almost all of them dont know what the hell theyre talking about. My last boat was new and I dealt straight with the owner of the dealership. All good deals will sell themselves!
Old 01-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Registered

LOTOPARTY, if you are intrested in a formula I would also recommend Nelems Marine. Robert is an easy guy to do business with.

As far as the special edition that your looking at, I believe one of the Indy 27's was Arie Lyendiuk. (Don't know if I spelled that right.)
Old 01-17-2003, 05:46 PM
Steve_H

well i called back and got to talk to the business owner. he gave me alittle more info but still didnt know the hours. said no meter on the boat. cant they hook a puter up to it and get the hours?

im sure its tuff for salespeople to deal with prop kickers all day but they should at least have the minimum info. in the last month or so ive talked to at least 8 different brokers/dealers and only 2 seamed to have all the info. most say i dont know but will find out and get back with you. i can just hear it , hey charlie , got some guy calling about your boat , uuuuuu is it a twin or single.

charlie hangs up and starts looking for another broker that actually takes the time to find out everything about a boat.

Old 01-17-2003, 05:54 PM
Registered

That Formula is a 95 and it might be carbureted (i.e. no ECU to track engine hours, etc).
Old 01-17-2003, 06:11 PM
Steve_H

Magicfloat , is going to check the hull number for me.
thankyou , Robert.

OSO , is the best.
glad i finally broke down and gave a little back by becoming a paying member.
dirt cheap for all the incredible help and info a guy can get here.

Quick Reply: wtf , boat salemen grrrr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.