Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fasted Conventional V Bottom (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41615-fasted-conventional-v-bottom.html)

bob 01-25-2003 09:21 AM

I actually went and looked at this boat. Very exciting, kick ass package. However, you need to actually see it and then make your determination. This is a very FAST rough water setup, which seperates Sutphen frpm the rest. Many v-bottom boats are fast, but none have the ability to maintain controllability and safety at racing speeds, without breaking up I might add, like a Sutphen! This only is developed thru countless development hours on the race course and this has been Richie Sutphen's lifelong passion. There are several good examples but look back at Harahs Zubaz, which I beleive holds the record for the most wins in the old C class, flying off ocean waves for a decade at 90 mph and the darn thing is still in one piece!

J-BOAT 01-25-2003 10:48 AM

I have been watching the price of this sutphen decline for six months or better, Looks nice but alot of big money maintanance for me.

jafo 01-25-2003 11:04 AM

Originally posted by J-BOAT
I have been watching the price of this sutphen decline for six months or better, Looks nice but alot of big money maintanance for me.
My fears as well, but after making a few calls to the right people, this setup would be quite reliable. It is VERY hard to break a dry sump #6 (these were new), and those Chiefs really aren't working all that hard considering the cubes and low boost. The seller has the same engines in his Skater, and I was told he has run the crap out of them including a lot of Lake 'X', and has had no problems. His spare for the two boats remains untouched at Chief. Their engines 'speak' for themselves.
The big money probably wouldn't be in maintenance, it would be in fuel!:eek: :D
Maybe someday............Sutphen is on the short list.
Jim

Ryan Beckley 01-25-2003 11:44 AM

I was told this boat just sold for around 65,000.00

KAAMA 01-25-2003 09:49 PM

32' Active Thunder

Originally posted by Jesse James
32 active thunder V dont believe me ask the other 90 boats that chased me to Miami:D :D
Tell'em Jesse!!!

bobby daniels 01-26-2003 01:30 PM

YEP MARK YOURS WILL FLY !!!

rtaylor 01-27-2003 11:44 AM

jesse james,

holy hell, what do you drive?

KAAMA 01-27-2003 01:55 PM

Jesse---you got the RUNNER!!!

Loved your war story Jesse....I'm tellin' ya----those 32' Active Thunders are a RUNNIN' MACHINE! :)

mmo jo 02-05-2003 08:06 PM

Jesse James What kind of speeds are you running?

1HYPER1 02-05-2003 11:25 PM

So I guess the general consensis is that the Velocity is power to weight ratio the best bang for the buck,SPEED,AND BUILD QUALITY.