Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cheap Perf. Boat Insurance (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41622-cheap-perf-boat-insurance.html)

BETTERTON 01-22-2003 07:22 AM

Cheap Perf. Boat Insurance

WHO HAS CHEAP HIGH PERFORMANCE BOAT INSURANCE? THEY ALL ADVERTISE THEY INSURE PERFORMANCE BOATS, BUT WHEN YOU GET THE QUOTES THERE WAY HIGH. OR THEY SAY, ''OH WE CAN'T INSURE THOSE TYPES OF BOATS ANYMORE.''IF YOU ASK ME THESE PERFORMANCE BOATS ARE ALOT SAFER THAN ALOT OUT THERE ON THE WATER. ANY SUGESTIONS?

Shooter 01-22-2003 07:24 AM

try total dollar insurance. Sy Goldberg is a good guy and has great rates.

www.totaldollar.com

BETTERTON 01-22-2003 08:29 AM

I TRIED THE TWO INSURNACE COMPANYS LISTED ON THE LINKS. ONE NEVER REPLIED, THE OTHER WANTED TO DO A SURVEY FOR $400.00 AND MY PREMIUM WOULD HAVE BEEN NORTH OF A THOUSAND. THATS MORE THAN I PAY NOW.

Risk Taker 01-22-2003 08:29 AM

Re: Cheap Perf. Boat Insurance

Originally posted by BETTERTON
WHO HAS CHEAP HIGH PERFORMANCE BOAT INSURANCE?
Just keep in mind........you usually get what you pay for.......

BobbyB 01-22-2003 08:40 AM

www.nmu.com They have good rates. I pay $500.00 a year for a 1998 27 fountain fever. Good luck

29 OUTLAW 01-22-2003 09:10 AM

I pay only $900 a year for a 2001 29 Outlaw. I think that's a steal. I insure with NBOA. They are in bed with Baja. The low rate I can get with NBOA is one of the reasons I have a Baja and why my next boat will be a Baja. Met someone a while back who boats where I do and was paying $1200 a year for a 2001 26 Sonic.

CigDaze 01-22-2003 09:13 AM

I pay 1300/year through Boat U.S.
NBOA, Blackadar and Total Dollar were not too far off from that.

It's not just your record and type of boat....It also has a lot to do with where you boat. My area is deemed high risk for some odd reason and I have to pay for it.

29 Outlaw, that's a great deal on a 29 with twins.

Tim G. 01-22-2003 09:26 AM

Insurance

1 Attachment(s)
I use Progressive. Insurance is tough in Florida.
I pay $1645/yr with Progressive. That's with a $500 deductable.
I recieved other quotes as high as $4500, with a $2000 deductable?

Hey, buy from Progressive, and be sure to tell tham that Tim Gallagher from Delray Beach Fl sent you..

FYI, Maryland is cheap for insurance...

You will need a company like total dollar if you have more than 2 sharp spinny things on the transom...
And, FYI, Progressive doesn't want to cover boats with "above water exhaust". I don't have above water exhaust...
What is that?

29 OUTLAW 01-22-2003 10:02 AM

Originally posted by Baja Daze

It's not just your record and type of boat....It also has a lot to do with where you boat. My area is deemed high risk for some odd reason and I have to pay for it.

I can't help but think Florida is high cause you lucky ba$dard$ use your boats year round.

Sydwayz 01-22-2003 10:21 AM

Do a search for IMIS or I.M.I.S or Reese here in General Discussion to gain their number. They are in MD.

Ask for Reese. He took good care of me.