Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: K.C. area 4x4 shops? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41816-ot-k-c-area-4x4-shops.html)

SummerObsession 01-24-2003 09:49 AM

OT: K.C. area 4x4 shops?

I know there are several members from the Kansas City area.
I need some advice. Can anyone recommend a good 4x4 shop? I have a new 2500HD coming in in 2 weeks, and I want to do an 8" lift with 35" tires and air bags.
And maybe a stereo upgrade.
Oh, and also maybe some paint:D
Nothing obnoxious, just some really dark purple ghost flames on the factory carbon metallic:cool:
I know of some great shops in Phoenix, but that is a hell of a long way from here!
Thanks all!

Gordo 01-24-2003 11:11 AM

Haven't been into the offroad thing for a while, but "Chux Trux" seems to have a good reputauion for off road stuff. Lots of instock merchandice and a fairly large installation shop. I'm sure there are others that know of other places or may have some experience with Chux.
We want to see some before & after pics !!!

SummerObsession 01-24-2003 11:25 AM

Thanks Gordo! I'll try to look that up.
I hope to get some pics of everything, but us farmers aren't real good at umputer stuff, so posting might take a while!

SummerObsession 01-24-2003 01:31 PM

Any other suggestions?

KCHOTBOAT 01-24-2003 02:02 PM

I would go with Chux Trux they have two locations now one in Olathe and the other in Independence.

ChrisK 01-24-2003 04:14 PM

will the 35's look right with an 8" lift? We just did a 6" lift and 35's on my roomates F350. Dual shocks in the front. The tires look like they could be bigger... I think with an 8" likft you would have to goto a 28" or larger tire for the look to be right...

just my .02...

Holy Smokes 01-24-2003 04:40 PM

I would put a third rec for Chux Trux. I believe they do their installs for lifts and such at the Independence, MO location. Careful though I think some of their stuff is kinda pricey.

KC... BTW Chux now has a third location in Shawnee at Shawnee Mission Pkwy and Metcalf.

mcollinstn 01-24-2003 06:57 PM

You can easily fit 35's with a 4" on a Dmax truck (with a teeny bit of rubbing only every now and then on the plastic lower bumper piece).

8" lift will need more tire - maybe 39's, IMHO (and a LOT of gear: 5.10:1 maybe).

Wally 01-24-2003 07:00 PM

Karl just installed a 6" Skyjacker suspension on his 2002 2500HD with 35" procomp tires....it looks just right....a bigger lift may look a little weird....but its all on how you like it i guess....
I'll post some pics of the truck on Monday when i'm back at work....He also had a custom programer done so the computer shifts right with the larger tires... :)