Old 01-24-2003, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mcollinstn
No, that's near a town on the lake, Cumming. Better known as "Orgasm City"

Robert
Old 01-24-2003, 11:05 PM
Big E

I USED to tow anyone that needed help because I knew how it felt until last spring. I offered to tow a bass boat that was in a tournament down at LOTO. It was late in the afternoon and half way through the tow the guy asked if I could speed it up because he had a big fish that needed to be weighed before the deadline otherwise it would be disqualified. I looked at my wife and said "did I hear what I think he said?" She said yes, so I stopped the boat, unhooked the line and took off. I was furious at the nerve of these people. Unbelievable!!!!

Old 01-24-2003, 11:10 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by mcollinstn
eroticville...
is that anywhere near funkytown??
I dunno.......ask Hyper, he hangs out there with Tank's old lady........

Old 01-25-2003, 12:59 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya got to help them out in my opinion.

Once on my way in there were a bunch of Kyakers paddeling into land and there was a HUGE storm comming. I pulled up next to them and offered to get them in. They were after all going BACKWARDS. They said thanks but no thanks (to proud to get into my stink pot ) So I informed them of the storm coming and that I have noticed them to be going backwards. They relented and I said ok hop on and we will toss them under the deck and then we can plane off. They wanted me to tow them in. I said ok as I did not want to read about them in the paper the next day and opened up my exhaust Thanksfully JUST as I got the boat on the trailer and put away the sky opened up so I JUST made it.

Jon
Old 01-25-2003, 02:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will tow anyone that needs it even if they called for the tow...then pass them off to the tow boat if it shows up.

i've been towed many times myself with my previous boats. The best was when i overheated about a 1/2 mile away from the cove, and didn't want to risk burning anything up.....a bayliner stopped and towed me into the cove. While he was towing me he turns around and says "i bet you never thought you would be towed by a bayliner". Damn was i pissed. The worst part was he towed me right into the cove and left me where my friends were all rafted up. i never heard the end of it.
Old 01-25-2003, 04:42 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

I will always offer to help.
I broke the drive on my previous boat, and called for a tow from Towboats US, but it was going to be 3 hours. After about an hour the sky started looking dark (it was 2pm!!!) and we started flagging down boats that were passing by. I heard 3 excuses before someone helped. This guy and his wife in a real nice Formula towed me about half way to the nearest ramp when a small Fire & Rescue boat stopped. They took over towing with my 3 passengers in my boat while the Formula took me to the ramp where my truck and trailer was. One of the passengers was my 7 year old daughter and she was getting pretty scared because we could hear thunder by now. When we got to dock where my truck was, I opened my wallet, and was ready to give this guy all I had ($210) and he would not take any money. He said "I don't want any money, but if you ever see a boat that needs help, be sure and help them out". "It may be me". I pleaded for him to take some for gas, and he still refused. Anyway, I was only about 15 miles from my boat and started heading that way. About half way there, mother nature let loose. Pretty good storm. Knocked a few trees down, one of which was blocking a 2 lane highway. Luckily I was the fourth vehicle to get there and was able to go around the other 3 and drive over the tree with only a few scatches to buff out. When I got to the ramp, the rain had stopped, and there was my boat tied to the dock with the bilge pump just pumping away. In the nick of time, my passengers found shelter in hut for Pepsi machines and did not have time to cover the boat. I opened the engine cover and it looked like 10 gallons of rain had made it into my boat.

Last edited by Shah Mat; 01-25-2003 at 04:46 AM.
Old 01-25-2003, 06:50 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Tonto is exactly right, according to maritime law, you are required to assist a vessel in need of help, besides, it's just common courtesy. There are strong tides and currents where I boat and a vessel in distress can quickly be swept to our rocky shore. The water is also no place to be stranded, it's not like your car just broke down and your brother can just come get you, people can get in real trouble on the water, especially if it's big water and weather decides to move in. I've towed boats in and I'll refuse a tip because I might be in the same situation someday.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep towing them Hyper....It is the "right" thing to do....

Remember......Someday it WILL be you !!!!!
Old 01-25-2003, 08:32 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by birdog
Keep towing them Hyper....It is the "right" thing to do....

Couldn't have been said any better!

Quick Reply: Excuses not to tow someone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.