Notices

Excuses not to tow someone?

Old 01-25-2003, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tonto's got it right!
Old 01-25-2003, 04:23 PM
wetpleasure

Had a friend brake down in the middle of the river miles from a ramp int he middle of week. A boat came by and stoped to help them out said they would pull them to the ramp where ther truck was 20 miles not the closest ramp 10 miles. they where in a 19 foot open bow sea ray. The guy threw them a rope and my friend just looped it on the front cleat and sat back with a drink and long tow. When the guy got the rope tight then kept throttling and throtting till the front cleat riped out of the boat and stuck the guy in the back.The guy then went to his knees and then one of his crew had to remove it. He said he felt week but didnot want to leave them. They told he to just go they would be fine.

Old 01-25-2003, 04:33 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like if we get stranded, our best bet is to look for a passing Bayliner!
Old 01-25-2003, 08:59 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by wetpleasure
Had a friend brake down in the middle of the river miles from a ramp int he middle of week. A boat came by and stoped to help them out said they would pull them to the ramp where ther truck was 20 miles not the closest ramp 10 miles. they where in a 19 foot open bow sea ray. The guy threw them a rope and my friend just looped it on the front cleat and sat back with a drink and long tow. When the guy got the rope tight then kept throttling and throtting till the front cleat riped out of the boat and stuck the guy in the back.The guy then went to his knees and then one of his crew had to remove it. He said he felt week but didnot want to leave them. They told he to just go they would be fine.
Now that's what I call dedication!!!!!!

I would have yelled over to him....."ah you pu$$y....get back in that seat and drive, nothing but a little cleat in the back, happens all the time.....".......!!!!