Opinion on Trailer Manufactures >

Opinion on Trailer Manufactures

Notices

Opinion on Trailer Manufactures

Old 01-24-2003, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion on Trailer Manufactures

Hey everyone I need some help. I have come to the conclusion that I am going to buy a new trailer. I went on line and got some manufacture names and wanted your opinions since I know nothing about boat trailers. What are the pro's and con's of these manufactures, Magic Tilt, Fast Load, Load Rite, EZ Loader and Loadmaster. I have a 28 sonic, GVW 8000lbs. HELP
Old 01-24-2003, 07:12 PM
fountainhead

Default Trailers

You might want to look at South Florida Trailers as well. They are well built.

Old 01-24-2003, 07:26 PM
SLP

Fresh or salt water ?

Old 01-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

South Florida is a good one too Audra. Lots of good recommendations on them here on OSO, as well as Myco. Myco is big money though. SoFL trailers are up there too. As far as what you are looking for, since you are not trailering much, I think just about any of them are going to suit you as long as the bunks are long enough to support the boat all the way to the transom. Too many manufacturers cut these main bunks too short. You also want front cradle supports for the forward part of the hull.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:32 PM
Registered

Based on the brands you mentioned, I am assuming you want an aluminum trailer. If so, Myco is the only aluminum trailer I have seen that is built with more than a simple I beam. The problem is aluminum flexes way more than steel. Not certain how much towing you will do on the highway but that is something to consider. Also I'm not sure how big of a deal that is with a 28 ft boat, I know it can be felt with a 38. If you are considering steel throw Manning Marine from Michigan in the equation. They are comparable in quality to Eagle, some say even better, and Boatme on OSO is the owner.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Registered

Thanks everyone! I am very familiar with South Florida and Myco I think is out of my price range but it can't hurt to call and price out.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

For aluminum we use Loadmaster. Good product,good people. They will sell you direct.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:49 PM
Registered

Default Best Trailer

The best looking and best built trailer that I have seen is the mayco. But, personally, for the money I bought the AmeriTrail out of florida, which for the money was the best trailer that I have found. It was an aluminum, painted I-beam. It pulls like a dream with a 39 foot boat at over 90 mph and it is my second one. Just couldn't spend the extra $6000 for the Mayco.
Old 01-25-2003, 03:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have owned Eagle and Manning, both great trailers. I liked the Manning better and the price was way better!
Old 01-25-2003, 08:01 AM
Registered

O.F.S. you definatly get what you pay for! It really depends on how long you plan on owning it and how much you intend to use it. For me after having owned many "off brands" I would either go with South florida trailer.( an OSO member, Jay), or Myco they both will stand behind their product. I own a SFT 18000 lb gvw triaxle. the torsion bars are a great smooth ride, and all.....ALL the hardware is stainless. No galvy or nickel coatings. Good luck. Mark B.

Quick Reply: Opinion on Trailer Manufactures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.