Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating club of Lake Norman (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/41912-boating-club-lake-norman.html)

vagrant 01-25-2003 05:18 PM

Boating club of Lake Norman

What do you guys think?Lake Norman and surrounding areas are growing with performance boats . I would like to form a club that meets once a month for good boating fellowship and boat gatherings to spread the good word? Any takers?
David Ledford
704-634-9004

Steet 01-25-2003 05:28 PM

Lake Norman Boat Club

Count me in. I would enjoy meeting fellow performance boaters
(and non)

vagrant 01-25-2003 05:32 PM

Hey Guys,
I really think this could take off! There's a lot of boating fanatics out there, its time to reach out and get together. OSO started out this same way if you are serious give me a call tomorrow and lets get this thing Started!
David Ledford
704-634-9004

vagrant 01-25-2003 05:35 PM

Too Old,
Don't tease me! LOL I think its about time we meet and tell LIES
By the way I am hoping to take delivery of the boat this weekend
Wooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooo
David

vagrant 01-25-2003 06:00 PM

42 ft Sonic . We bought the boat from National Marine .We still have some details to work out .But they have my deposit and have assured me all will be fine. What do you drive?
David

vagrant 01-26-2003 08:17 AM

TJ
Did you buy the boat from Britt Springs?

vagrant 01-26-2003 08:24 AM

Fred,
We are working on the delivery part .I have a gentleman (43Thunder) that can transport the boat for me .I'm working
on getting the boat out of ohio and across state lines to keep from paying the 5% ohio tax . The boat still has the lean on it but
should be payed off soon .43Thunder is also the owner so we have been working together in getting this thing resolved . Hopefully very soon . Are you going to the winter chill out in Virgina? I think Baja Boss and us are going .
David

Sonny Spectre 30 01-26-2003 02:34 PM

I hope this leads to a real Poker Run on Lake Norman. Count me in.

Sonny

VelocityMark 01-26-2003 02:50 PM

I'm in just name the time and place, that is if little boats can come and play to. My boat would look a little funny tied up to a bunch of 40++ footers!:D :D

vagrant 01-26-2003 03:09 PM

Hey Mark ,
This club would be open to all boaters. I just got off the phone with Steet. Great conversation, he knows alot of the same people that I do, it really is a small world. I also believe a club could open more doors for those people that don't care for performance boaters.

Sonny: I have wanted to do a real Poker Run for a long time on Lake Norman .I think the restaurants would be up for it . If we could get enough members we can do a club Poker Run with its members. For example 10 members a hundred dollars a shot 1000
for the best hand. This was Baja Boss Idea. Thats not to shabby for a day of playing on the lake. What do you think?
David

Sonny Spectre 30 01-26-2003 04:46 PM

Initially, you only need enought locally commited members to put the event together. I'm sure the restraunts and marinas would be in on it. It should be easy to get some of the car dealers and boat dealers to be sponsors too. Maybe you could get Mike Nichols of Black Thunder and Ben Hedrick of Safety marine products to help out. Plan it on a weekend that the Nascar boys are not racing and I'm sure they will come out to play also.

Just some ideas-I know you would have no problem drawing a crowd of boaters. that would be a great way to get a mailing list together to further membership for your club.

OneMoreMph 01-26-2003 06:56 PM

I don't even have a boat yet, but as soon before this summer, I will be looking for some friends on the lake. As long as you don't mind a 27 being in your club!

I've done lots of looking, and I just don't see a club around this area.

sauron 01-26-2003 06:58 PM

Count me in. I may not be able to attend meetings but would join. Very interested in Poker run if dates do not conflict with races. 32 Fountain Roger

vagrant 01-27-2003 08:28 AM

We are planning on going to the Winter chill out in virgina are there any others that have responded to this thread going.If so we can get details of the club up and running.
Thanks
David

CHAOS REIGNS 01-27-2003 08:34 AM

sounds interesting -- count me in !

jonesj 01-27-2003 08:40 AM

I like the Idea count me in.
I have a question for Ambusher, TJ you might not remember me but we went to high school together. My name is Jamie Jones

Steet 01-27-2003 05:44 PM

Lake Norman Boat Club and future Poker Runs

Vagrant, enjoyed our conversation yesterday and look forward to getting together in the next week or two and work with you on some details. I believe you have gotten enough response that this deal will snowball. I am sure that many of the restaurants, that I practically live in, on the lake would support us along with some other area businesses. The club would be good for the lake as well. A poker run in the near future would be great. See you soon

vagrant 01-28-2003 08:30 AM

Steet,
We are leaving Saturday for Richmond, for the Winter Chill out. I hope to have more information about members. I guess the first thing to do will be setup a mailing list and get some information out.I will call you on Friday to discuss futher. I also want to talk to some of the Richmond Club guys to see how they got started and learn from them.
Thanks,
David

Cignificant 01-28-2003 09:14 AM

Originally posted by vagrant
Steet,
We are leaving Saturday for Richmond, for the Winter Chill out. I hope to have more information about members. I guess the first thing to do will be setup a mailing list and get some information out.I will call you on Friday to discuss futher. I also want to talk to some of the Richmond Club guys to see how they got started and learn from them.
Thanks,
David

David, look me up while you're in town and I'll share any advise I can. It better be early Saturday - I can fill up with BS after a few beers..:D :D :D

I'll have a red Cigarette polo on..

jonesj 01-28-2003 11:28 AM

TJ whats up man, I sent you a reply to your E-mail, but I don't know if you got it, my E-mail has been real messed up here lately. Send me another if you didn't and we will catch up. Jamie

BARRY1784 01-28-2003 11:51 AM

Sounds Good to me! I know some of you guys need sound systems for your boats. I'll be glad to come down and give you a quote. Just PM me and let me know:cool: Also look for me at the Charlotte boat show Sat night. I'll be hanging out in the JMI booth. Brian will have some kick ass custom boats there. :)

vagrant 01-28-2003 02:04 PM

Cignificant , We should be in around 11:00 hopefully. I am working all night Friday night till about 5:00 in the Morning (Sat)leaving straight from work to pick up Baja Boss and crew .See you soon.
Thanks
David

Cignificant 01-28-2003 02:17 PM

David, if you're getting into the area early and want to talk let me know. My cell is 564-5314. Audiofn, Biggus, and I will be at my house "recovering" from Friday night...

45sonic 01-28-2003 05:17 PM

David

Let us know if you do decide to put together a Poker Run this year. Would have no problem coming down to participate. If not we'd love to come down for a long weekend anyways.
I guess you are aware that the Sonic is now paid off. Let me know if they ever decide to let me go get it for you.

Bill

Gizmo 01-28-2003 05:56 PM

Vagrant, how far is it to Lake Norman from the Richmond Va. area. I've been wanting to check out the lake for a long time.

Cignificant 01-28-2003 07:03 PM

Jay, I drove it once. I'm thinking about 5 hours? It's almost into SC in the western part of NC.

Black Thunder Boat 01-29-2003 07:49 PM

David
You know I am up for a boat club at Lake Norman! Give me a call tomarrow, I have already put some time into organizing a Poker Run for the lake. Call me tomarrow!
704 622 9136
Mike Nichols
Black Thunder Powerboats

Steet 01-30-2003 05:55 PM

Richmond to Lake Norman

Gizmo, I just came back from Richmond, to lake norman and I drove it from the west side of Richmond to my house and it took me about 3 hours and 45 minutes. I live near exit 36. I don't know what side of Richmond you would come from